iPhone 4s when wearing polarized sunglasses

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice the iPhone 4s is much more viewable and its vibrant when viewing with polarized lenses? Its convenient because no screen quality is loss if anything it's better. Anyone remember how it was on iPhone 4? I can't recall when I had the 4 but I wondered with the 4s so there must be a difference. Did apple changed something?

Last edited:

sharky2006

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I dont notice a huge difference between the two when wearing my oakleys... I think the 4 has a colourful glare or something cant really explain it, but the 4S is a bit more clear you could say, not a huge difference though.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Maybe that's what it is. Yea it's clearer. Also wearing oakleys.

I thought the same thing when I was wearing my Oakly's yesterday too. They def changed something. I could still see my 4 with them on, just not as good. I couldn't see the screen on my droid X at all with those glasses on.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
That's very interesting. When I look at my 4 with my polarized glasses the screen has a rainbow effect all over it. I can see it but it is more difficult. I wonder what they did to the 4S to change that.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
That's very interesting. When I look at my 4 with my polarized glasses the screen has a rainbow effect all over it. I can see it but it is more difficult. I wonder what they did to the 4S to change that.

Yes thank you! I remember now the rainbow effect with 4. It's definitely gone on the 4s and makes it much clearer and viewable. Perhaps this is the reason the 4s is much warmer or more neutral in color temp (yellowgate).

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I want Siri and have polarized Oakleys. They are really trying to push me into a 4S :?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasnt due for an upgrade but sold my iPhone 4 for 450$. Something to think about. Overall it is worth it for the antenna improvement alone.

Ipilot4s

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
LCD displays usually aren't compatible with polarised sunglasses due to them only transmitting their light in a particular direction and polarised sunglasses blocking it.
I think apple patented a type of LCD display in the past year or two that transmits circularly polarised light that isn't blocked by polarised sunglasses.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I wasnt due for an upgrade but sold my iPhone 4 for 450$. Something to think about. Overall it is worth it for the antenna improvement alone.

Unfortunetly, it is tough to find someone to pay that much for a 4 now. Over the summer, I was selling 4's for $400 to $450 all the time, and now, I'm having a hard time getting one sold with a list price of $350. I've had a lot of offers for $250, $275. It may be different in your area, just saying what I have noticed in my local area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2