Um. My phone just restarted itself.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My new one just started the reset/restart/310-410 nonsense and in addition to that, no one can hear me when I speak when I call. Fabulous. Going back in to Apple tomorrow.

kberry66

Aug 4, 2008
Visit site
I came here to check because I guess mine was doing a restart? I laid it down and came back a few minutes later & it wouldn't do anything. I plugged it up and finally it came back with the apple icon.

So weird!! Hope this isn't a problem I'm going to continue having. I've had a couple of times where the person I was talking to said they couldn't hear me when I could hear them fine. Ugh!!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yet another update: This phone--7 days to the MINUTE from the new one I got last week--started doing it again. I went to Apple, they told me to go to ATT for another sim, Im now on my 6th sim and still on my 3rd phone. I give up. I guess I just have to settle for a total piece of half baked crap til the software update comes out and I can see then if it's fixed at all. Im kinda over this. Apple won't let me get just a 4 (like return this for a 4) so I kind of just have to keep wasting gas and racking up miles.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yet another update: This phone--7 days to the MINUTE from the new one I got last week--started doing it again. I went to Apple, they told me to go to ATT for another sim, Im now on my 6th sim and still on my 3rd phone. I give up. I guess I just have to settle for a total piece of half baked crap til the software update comes out and I can see then if it's fixed at all. Im kinda over this. Apple won't let me get just a 4 (like return this for a 4) so I kind of just have to keep wasting gas and racking up miles.

The SIM replacement that you received from AT&T, was it for the iPhone 4S? Reason I ask is that I had a similar problem with the way one of the 4G Androids that I had was reading my SIM card. The rep said it was because I was using an old SIM card and needed one of their 4G SIM cards. At first I thought he was just making this up, however, I never had any more trouble after he switched the SIM and the HSPA+ symbol finally displayed correctly after that as well.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, I hope when your baby is delivered that it's good from the start. I am beyond over it.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I hope when your baby is delivered that it's good from the start. I am beyond over it.

Are you still within the return period? If so maybe you could return your 4S and reorder when some of the problems with it get resolved. That is exactly what I did last year with the iPhone 4 when every exchange was met with a new set of problems. The one I got a month later was perfect.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple does not do refunds/returns on iPhones, both the store and online customer service told me that. I actually considered that. If I had bought through ATT direct I would've returned it for just a 4 I think and seen if I could've reversed the early upgrade thing.

So I pretty much just have to deal with it til it is fixed or I get a unit without problems.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
^ Oh, I never knew you couldn't return an iPhone that was purchased through Apple. I'm glad I got mine through AT&T and will go through them with future iPhone purchases as well.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It said it somewhere on the website, as well as in the "receipt" for the purchase too.

I am RARELY if ever an early adopter, and this is precisely why. Next time Ill wait a few months for all the kinks to be made known and go from there.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I am RARELY if ever an early adopter, and this is precisely why. Next time Ill wait a few months for all the kinks to be made known and go from there.

I smiled as I was reading your reply here as this is exactly what I said last year to a good friend of mine after I returned the iPhone 4. Then, this year I was right there at the AT&T store after work to purchase my 4S. Turns out this year was a good year as there are no issues at all for me so far. I know what you are saying though. It sucks to wait all this time to get it, only to get one that has problems. Hope you get a better one soon, just keep after Apple until you do.

wheelchairguy

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine just restarted as well 4S iOS 5.0.1

I lost the last 7 photos I shot as well. I was just sitting there and all of a sudden the Apple logo appeared and then after the appropriate time, I was shown the pass lock screen. Scratching head!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73