All the sudden, my husband's texts to me

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
show up as being from my email address, not from his phone...? I don't think he updated to iOS5, and he's using an iPhone 4. I checked every possible contact location on my phone, computer, google and cloud to be sure only his "find my iphone" came up for that address....so why is his text to me showing up as my email address as the contact?!

Seymour324

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Also sounds like he must be on 5.0 I had the same problem but it was due to my 4s not being activated right after the restore (i stupidly forgot to activate before leaving my house) but this also happened on my 4 after the upgrade to 5.0 two reboots fixed the problem for me not really sure what caused it but after the first reboot all my contacts were gone after the second everything was normal

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.952347,-73.853888

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
settings/messages, he must have your email (or your apple id) in it. And i'm guessing he is using iOS 5.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ill have to check when he gets home. It was right before my 4s lost it's damn mind just now.

GolfnCPA

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If he is synching iMessage between his iPhone and an iPad, iMessage will require an email address as the Caller ID.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Also. Try turning off iCloud and or putting the phone into airplane mode. Then make all of those changes to imessage and then make a backup while still in airplane mode. The. Turn it all back on. I cloud was actually putting all the wrong settings right back on to my phone for a while at first.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's the caller I'd setting he prob has it set to recieve iMessage 2 ways email and phone change the caller I'd to the phone number ... I had mine set to email so I could go back and forth on my iPad but It caused multiple contact threads to people to I just turned it back to the phone number

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
He doesn't have an iPad, though his mom and I might get him one for xmas. This was just on the phone and deleting the option for an email address eliminated it.