Disconnection of tethering during a phone call on AT&T?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is a first...i never once experienced this with the iPhone 4, but it seems that on the 4S, when a phone call comes in, the tethered connection is severed, and must be reconnected through the network settings on the computer...

I found this on Apple's website...

Depending on your cellular network connection, incoming or outgoing phone calls may interrupt your Personal Hotspot connection. After you end the call, Personal Hotspot should automatically reconnect with your devices.

...being that i've never experienced that issue before on the 3GS or 4...could it be because this phone is the "world phone" and perhaps this is something that happened to Verizon customers due to the issue of data vs. phone usage?

I just tried it several times from my work phone, and each time it disconnected and with no auto-reconnect. It's not a huge issue, and I'm certainly not ready to throw the phone to the wind over it, but its just a curious fact that it's new to this phone, and i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what would cause it on AT&T's network.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
This is a first...i never once experienced this with the iPhone 4, but it seems that on the 4S, when a phone call comes in, the tethered connection is severed, and must be reconnected through the network settings on the computer...

I found this on Apple's website...

...being that i've never experienced that issue before on the 3GS or 4...could it be because this phone is the "world phone" and perhaps this is something that happened to Verizon customers due to the issue of data vs. phone usage?

I just tried it several times from my work phone, and each time it disconnected and with no auto-reconnect. It's not a huge issue, and I'm certainly not ready to throw the phone to the wind over it, but its just a curious fact that it's new to this phone, and i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas what would cause it on AT&T's network.

If your on at&t and your on 3g the connection should not drop. Verizons cdma network doesnt support voice and data at the same time so theres will drop but on at&t we get voice and data at the same time on 3g. If your having issues with this I would call at&t

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If your on at&t and your on 3g the connection should not drop. Verizons cdma network doesnt support voice and data at the same time so theres will drop but on at&t we get voice and data at the same time on 3g. If your having issues with this I would call at&t

I'm going to give it a few days, see if it stops happening...today is the first day it happened (or maybe the first day i noticed it), and its very possible I'm just in a poor reception area today. If it continues I'm deff going to give them a call...though I'm sure they'll simply tell me to replace my iPhone, lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73