4S yellow screen

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading all this stuff about people having yellowish screens on their new 4S's. I just ordered my 4S last night and now I think I might cancel my order because of it. Anybody experiencing this problem?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
You are really going to cancel an order because you may get a yellow screen? You haven't even seen yours yet...

The iPhone 4 had similar problems at first. I don't know if this is the screen being all yellowish in nature or the yellow blotches that the iPhone 4 had. But that was attributed to glue not being dry after leaving the factory and went away after a few days many reported.

I mean, it really sounds crazy to me that you are going to cancel an order because of reports you read on the internet from maybe 10,000 people when there are at least 3,990,000 (less than .2% defect rate if I'm generous and 100,000 people complain that is still only 2% defect rate) others out there with no problems. Wait until it comes and see. If you don't like it take it to Apple and they will exchange it until you are happy. If they cannot make you happy then and only then return it. That's just me. Otherwise, go nutz.

Last edited:

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You are really going to cancel an order because you may get a yellow screen? You haven't even seen yours yet...

The iPhone 4 had similar problems at first. I don't know if this is the screen being all yellowish in nature or the yellow blotches that the iPhone 4 had. But that was attributed to glue not being dry after leaving the factory and went away after a few days many reported.

I mean, it really sounds crazy to me that you are going to cancel an order because of reports you read on the internet from maybe 10,000 people when there are at least 3,990,000 (less than .2% defect rate if I'm generous and 100,000 people complain that is still only 2% defect rate) others out there with no problems. Wait until it comes and see. If you don't like it take it to Apple and they will exchange it until you are happy. If they cannot make you happy then and only then return it. That's just me. Otherwise, go nutz.
that's just it though. I don't have an apple store anywhere near me and it's such a hassle doing all this through the mail or internet. it's already been frustrating enough trying to order one. plus i have to wait at least a good two weeks to receive the phone in the mail.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You've got to be kidding me...

My advice? Don't buy anything ever again...because there will always be reports of something that went wrong with someone's device. It'll save you a ton of "potential" headache, and you'll never have to stress about the possibility of getting a device that isn't perfect.

Just a little FYI...when the iPhone 4 was first released, there were similar problems, which turned out to be a reaction of some kind of adhesive. It eventually went away after several days of usage, and then like magic, the "problem" disappeared from the radar.

Last edited:

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
maybe I'm just overreacting a little bit. but when it comes to stuff like this i can be very particular. Believe me, if money wasn't an issue I probably wouldn't give a crap.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there are many people, if any, that can just blow money on a whim for a replacement phone like it's nothing on this site...but I'm trying to tell you that this is a NON-issue, there are people reporting it just like there was when the iPhone 4 was released, and it will subside, and you'll understand that it was a very isolated issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: rewNATION

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there are many people, if any, that can just blow money on a whim for a replacement phone like it's nothing on this site...but I'm trying to tell you that this is a NON-issue, there are people reporting it just like there was when the iPhone 4 was released, and it will subside, and you'll understand that it was a very isolated issue.
I needed that kind of reassurance right now. thanks SeanHRCC

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
OP,
this is very similar to the warnings on prescriptions... Did you ever look at the stuff that comes with your prescription bottle?? there are loads of "potential" side effects.. If ONE person describes an issue, they have to list it..

Same with a phone, or anything else you may buy. there could always be a small problem with one persons phone, but that doesn't make it an "known issue". If someone had a problem with a Honda, are all Honda's bad?

Just dont worry about it and don't cancel your order because you will learn to regret it.. Get your phone and enjoy it.. Don't worry about things you can't control...

(just my 2 cents) :D

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
OP,
this is very similar to the warnings on prescriptions... Did you ever look at the stuff that comes with your prescription bottle?? there are loads of "potential" side effects.. If ONE person describes an issue, they have to list it..

Same with a phone, or anything else you may buy. there could always be a small problem with one persons phone, but that doesn't make it an "known issue". If someone had a problem with a Honda, are all Honda's bad?

Just dont worry about it and don't cancel your order because you will learn to regret it.. Get your phone and enjoy it.. Don't worry about things you can't control...

(just my 2 cents) :D
well said sir

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You've got to be kidding me...

My advice? Don't buy anything ever again...because there will always be reports of something that went wrong with someone's device. It'll save you a ton of "potential" headache, and you'll never have to stress about the possibility of getting a device that isn't perfect.

Just a little FYI...when the iPhone 4 was first released, there were similar problems, which turned out to be a reaction of some kind of adhesive. It eventually went away after several days of usage, and then like magic, the "problem" disappeared from the radar.

The same issue was reported on the iPad, iPad2 and some iPods.

To the OP, it's a temporary condition that will go away within the first week or so.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
maybe I'm just overreacting a little bit. but when it comes to stuff like this i can be very particular. Believe me, if money wasn't an issue I probably wouldn't give a crap.

There have already been several threads about this, it is very easy to search. With that out of the way, I do not have a yellow screen and anyone that replied in the other threads said they didn't either though it had been reported with other models and subsiquently went away. I will also say that money not being issue has nothing to do with wanting your things to be perfect when you buy them, I would be at the store immediately making them excahnge it for one that did not have a yellow screen if I had recieved one like that.