Blackberry to iPhone

BBtoiPhone

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been a long, long time user of BlackBerry, but last friday I made the switch to the iPhone, something that I truly never thought I would do, but...... I did it and am mad at myself that I didnt do it years ago. I have been a long time reader of crackberrydotcom and on occasion would pop over to tipbdotcom just to see what the latest news was on Apple. I am a straight newbie when it comes to the iPhone so if I end up asking stupid questions (I will search the forums before I ask, I promise) I look forward to getting the issues resolved quickly with all of your knowledge.

A few things that are definitly taking sometime to get use to is the virtual keyboard and just the new OS overall. But I must say the OS is 1000 times more user friendly and easy to use than BB OS ever was. (Side note: for all the people that have said BB email was better, I have to say youre wrong! (I was a long time BES user, and the exchange options on the iPhone is so much easier to set up and get working straight out of the box, and you dont need an additional data plan))

I am extremly excited about my switch to iPhone, and like I said before I am very excited to unlock the full potential of this device with all of you help!

If anyone has any recommendations on what I should do with this device, such as apps or what not please let me know...

I just want to say thanks in advance to everyone that is going to help me on my new adventure!

Reactions: xxplosive82

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If anyone has any recommendations on what I should do with this device, such as apps or what not please let me know...

I just want to say thanks in advance to everyone that is going to help me on my new adventure!

An extremely loaded question you've asked there lol...my suggestion would be to scan the forums, head over to the iPhone 4 area for some still relatable threads and FAQ's, and as far as apps go, there's an entire area of this website for that, which would benefit you to take a look through for all kinds of app related questions...

Good luck and welcome to the site!

gregs87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
In the same boat. Switch over the Iphone4 mabye 5 weeks ago and dont know why i waited so long. This is a pretty good site, but I have done more reading than posting as you can see from my count!

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been a BB user for about the past three years and now I'm finally switching to the iPhone. This site is way better than crackberry

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I too have have gone to the Iphone 4s after having BB's for 3 years.. They don't even compare!!!

Have fun reading all the posts in here.. Its a great site..

gregs87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Just an observation about this site...It is not near as busy as crackberry, but from what I can tell is that this site is not as active because Iphone people dont seem to have all the issues and problems as BB users. (Not bashing BB - loved it while I had it.)

durbin

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,
first post over here, again moving from Blackberry to Iphone4S (when it finally arrives, s/b next week) - are there "themes" available for iphone4S yet? I love unique themes and it was one of my favourite searches on crackberry forums.
how about it, any iphone 4s theme makers out there?

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
former BB user here and let me tell you I will NEVER EVER go back to BlackBerry! I hated it but put up with it until something I have always wanted came along, iPhone.. Finally Sprint got it and I couldn't be happier.. As Steve Jobs says " it just works". So easy to set up and use.. and reliable.. No major bugs with software updates. Updates are easy to do and guess what YOU DON'T HAVE TO REBOOT YOUR DEVICE to update any apps or software each time.. Better battery life for me too..

I just love this phone so much..

mapvt

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I, too, came from a Blackberry device. I had the Blackberry 9650. I was a Blackberry user since 2007 and I couldn't have been more of an addict. I have a Playbook and I never imagined I would make the leap over to the Iphone, but I did on the 4s release.

I guess I never really realized how easy a phone could be to use. The blackberry really only handled my emails and text messages well. Everything else was a chore it seems like. Now, I miss the keyboard and the blinking red light, but I honestly have slept better since I can't wake up and see the red light. Typing on the virtual keyboard is getting easier and I haven't managed too many mistakes.

I'm learning little tips and tricks here and there. Mostly from trial and error and reading the forums. I do more "lurking" than I do posting.

Again,the Iphone is "easy" to use. It doesn't make doing certain things hard. I can do a lot more it seems like with this phone. I worry sometimes about battery life, but so far I'm doing okay on that.

I also think I'm relaxing a little bit. I don't have this phone set up to push emails and honestly it's been nice. I don't check for the red light every 2-3 seconds while it sits on my desk. I think the iphone has been a nice "breakaway" that I needed.

Thanks for the awesome support on this site from the community. I really appreciate the threads, tips, and being able to read up on everything.

Reactions: xxplosive82

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
WELCOME. i too was on the fence of getting an iP4S. ive been Sprint since nextel. ive always had all my blackberrys on sprint. on August 21 i went got me the new bb 9930. i wanted it so bad i bought w/o a contract. ive always had blackberry love and very active on crackberry.com. i would always be the 1st one to bash and say iphone was overrated. so the moment i heard sprint would get it. i was up at 3am pre-ordering it. i kept on tracking it everyday. mind you i was never excited for a phone as i was for the iphone. well today im in love with my ip4s. im like...why did i wait so long to get one>? ofcourse i wasnt gonna leave sprint. the plan i have has a big corporate discount. to get the iphone i opened an extra line on my family plan. in a way im lucky because im keeping the blackberry 9930 (the hottest blackberry right) for work on my work line...and ip4s (hottest iphone right now) for my personal line. i can have the best of both worlds lol. lets see for how long i can do this. maybe one day ill just completely switch over to iphone. but for now my iphone completes me. LoL

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Just an observation about this site...It is not near as busy as crackberry, but from what I can tell is that this site is not as active because Iphone people dont seem to have all the issues and problems as BB users. (Not bashing BB - loved it while I had it.)

there is a apple support forum where most people actually go that is much more busy then crackberry.. the difference is that forum is much more strict and can only be used for support questions..

Vanquish1

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I too came to iPhone from my crappy old BB 9700 last friday! Boy has this been the perfect time to jump to Apple new iphone and OS dropped the same week :). Now I finally have a phone to pair with my macbook and boy is it a great message. I miss nothing about my old 9700 except for that old SMS app I had that made it so I could answer messages without having to leave the app I was in I wonder if there something like that for iphone but that works with my textfree app because I don't SMS anymore I just do textfree and iMessages to save $20 a month on my bill.

buzz999

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Same here...BB user for 10+ years. Was happy with my 9650, but the job started being funny about usage so I decided to pony up for me own phone. Good timing, right as the 4S came out.

Weird getting used to, but overall this is a good switch.

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,
first post over here, again moving from Blackberry to Iphone4S (when it finally arrives, s/b next week) - are there "themes" available for iphone4S yet? I love unique themes and it was one of my favourite searches on crackberry forums.
how about it, any iphone 4s theme makers out there?

you can change the background picture but unless you jailbreak there are no themes.
and at this point in time you cant jailbreak the 4s.
even the 4 is limited to a tethered jailbreak.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've also been a BB user since the old 7100i days. Loved my BB and never thought I'd switch. It wasn't until I played with an iPhone that I realized what I was missing. The apps are the main reason I switched. No one is developing for BB anymore and all the apps I use are now iOS only. I'm only sorry I didn't switch sooner. My iPhone won't be in until 10/29 (fingers crossed) and I can't wait to finally be rid of my BB once and for all.

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Switched from BB after 6 years - don't regret it one bit.

The new features in iOS5 was enough to win me over.

peege

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I too will be making the switch in a month, after years as a BB user! BB has lost its focus and I should have done this last year. My MAJOR question however concerns Outlook and syncing! I have read this "forum" for sometime now and still don't feel there is an efficient way to sync without issues (dupilicates, etc). Am I wrong? I need "contacts, calendar, tasks, notes". Is USB thru iTunes they most reliable way? the iCloud feature seems "iffy". Thanks in advance for any help!

rsantos97

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I went from a Droid to Droid X then iPhone 4, and fell in love with this phone after being a big time iPhone basher. After the Bold 9930 came out for Verizon I decided to give it a try since I am a huge tech nut, but wound up returning it after a day of use. The iPhone is so much better than the Bold 9930 that it isn't even funny. The BBOS feels so outdated (having to restart phone after you uninstall an app and clicking through so many menus to change settings).

The biggest thing that everyone claims about the BB's is the email but I completely disagree. The iPhone has better email handling than BB. First of all it has true email syncing where as BB only does push email. For example I am on my computer and have my iPhone next to me and receive a new email, it pops up on both my computer and iPhone. I decide to read the new email on my computer, the new email notification goes away on the iPhone, true syncing. On the BB the new email notification would still be there even though I already read the email on my computer. You also get your full emails, not compressed and truncated emails like on BB. Pretty much everything data related on the BB gets compressed, which is why they use so little data, even pictures sent through text. I had two people send me two pictures each (one from iPhone 4 the other Droid Incredible, both great cameras) and they looked like crap on the Bold 9930, I could tell that it was highly compressed.

Another great thing about the iPhone is the great syncing with gmail. A coworker had sent me a text from his new number so it did not display his name on the message in my iPhone so since I was by my computer I logged into gmail and contacts and added his new number. As soon as I hit save I looked down at my iPhone (like 2 seconds) and the text message was displaying my coworkers name instead of the number. I could not believe how fast the contact on my phone got updated (immediately).

By the way I recently replaced my iPhone 4 with a white 32GB iPhone 4s and am loving it even more.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR