Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default New iPhone 4S antenna is awesome

I know that there were issues with the antenna for the iPhone 4, but I have to say, this antenna for the 4S is remarkable. It seems like everywhere I go I have full bars or almost full bars. Albeit, I did switch to Verizon. But it just seems like the antenna is really good this time.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

There was a cell "hole" right inside the perimeter here in Atlanta that i always dropped calls in, and i drove through it for the first time with my 4S yesterday on a phone call and realized several minutes later that my call never dropped...it never even lowered in quality or reception or anything. I've driven through that area a million times with every one of my iPhones and it ALWAYS dropped the call right there...i actually used to wait until i passed the area before i'd make calls, but now...it seems to be fixed! Bravo!
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS5

I agree. I can get 3G at my house (granted, just a bar or two) whereas before I had such poor reception AT&T _gave_ me a microcell after testing. And _way_ out in the sticks I am getting reception where with my 3GS I had none.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    There was a cell "hole" right inside the perimeter here in Atlanta that i always dropped calls in, and i drove through it for the first time with my 4S yesterday on a phone call and realized several minutes later that my call never dropped...it never even lowered in quality or reception or anything. I've driven through that area a million times with every one of my iPhones and it ALWAYS dropped the call right there...i actually used to wait until i passed the area before i'd make calls, but now...it seems to be fixed! Bravo!
    Sean, would that be on 400 between 285 and the toll plaza; or maybe not as that is technically OTP! I have been home most of the week so haven't been able to give the phone a full test, but looking forward to less dropped calls.
    iPhone Intermediate

I've spent two periods of a few hours with both 4 and 4S (Verizon). For the most part it looks like a moderate improvement if at all but a few of my users and a family member are very happy because that small difference means they can talk anyplace in their homes and offices.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by pokey318 View Post
    Sean, would that be on 400 between 285 and the toll plaza; or maybe not as that is technically OTP! I have been home most of the week so haven't been able to give the phone a full test, but looking forward to less dropped calls.
    lol...its funny you mention that one, i had forgot about it! This one is actually off 85 south at the P'tree connector. Im actually going to test the 400 one today!
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dwaynewilliams View Post
    I know that there were issues with the antenna for the iPhone 4, but I have to say, this antenna for the 4S is remarkable. It seems like everywhere I go I have full bars or almost full bars. Albeit, I did switch to Verizon. But it just seems like the antenna is really good this time.
    Verizonas well. I was with Verizon before. I agree highest # of bars almost everywhere and better reception, believe it or not than my old blackberry bold.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    lol...its funny you mention that one, i had forgot about it! This one is actually off 85 south at the P'tree connector. Im actually going to test the 400 one today!
    Let me know how that one works; I don't think I will be there this week. I must have been having another brain cramp at that area on 400 is ITP, although sometime I start getting garbled before hitting 285 coming south.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

I definitely can get a better signal in my office at work then I did with my previous phones..
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I definitely can get a better signal in my office at work then I did with my previous phones..
    Same! With my VZ Palm Pre2 I was lucky LUCKY to get 1-2 bars of voice service. The Ev icon would show up but if I tried to use data it would stutter and drop to 1x or no service. WIth the VZ 4S I'm pretty consistent with 3 bars of voice (dropping to 2 sometimes) and the 3G works!

Service in this office is terrible no matter what carrier we're on, but the 4S does seem to make a big difference.