Black or White Iphone more popular?

bphelminski

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I just prefer the black one. Same thing on all my electronic devices. I prefer black around the screen vs. silver or white (or any lighter color)

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the white for 2 reasons.. First because I wanted something different. I have always had a black phone and am so tired of Android phones all looking the same.

Second, and the main reason is, my white has a black iPhone 4, but wants a white one. I am giving her my 4s when the iPhone 5 comes out next year. So she can have a white phone :)

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the white one bc it was the last one available! LoL! I wanted white though, it's different and it's tougher to see scratches.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I was pondering this very thing earlier today. I assume the black is much more popular based on personal experience. Despite knowing quite a few people with iPhones, I am the only person I know with a white one. I've seen a few out in the wild, but the black are far far more common.

Kinda torn between being happy I'm in the minority and hoping that since the white 4S came out at the same time I'll start to see more white phones roaming around.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I got the white one, because my 4 was black, and I wanted something different. I really do like it white. I looks different, not like every other phone on the market.

gatorfan79

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why people get white ones. They eventually get so dirty and filthy looking after so long. I'm getting the black.

Seriously? How many "filthy looking" iPhones have you seen?? The white is UNDER the glass, genius. It will never look filthy. In fact, most people agree that the white looks cleaner because you can't see fingerprints like you can on the black one.

I had a black iPhone 4 - loved it. I didn't like the white one at first, but I'm a tad OCD and was forever cleaning my black iPhone 4 to get fingerprints off. I got the white 4S and totally love it.

Daytona

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
In my experience I have seen only women with the white iphone 4. They usually have either a pink, purple or lime green bumper as well.

pokey318

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I went with black as I had never seen a white in person and I have never liked other brand of white phones. White to me is a girl phone color (BTW, I am a female;) but after seeing the white iPhone in person, I can see a guy liking it. For a short time I had buyer's remorse thinking I should have gotten the white instead, but I am happy with my black. My phone is always in a case, so it isn't a big deal either way.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say the white one is girly, at least not naked. Adding the colored bumpers to it and it's easy to make it look like a girly phone. I have the white one. I got it because I originally wanted the white one when the iPhone 4 first came out. I sold my black iPhone 4 to get the white iPhone 4, which I paid full price for.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? How many "filthy looking" iPhones have you seen?? The white is UNDER the glass, genius. It will never look filthy. In fact, most people agree that the white looks cleaner because you can't see fingerprints like you can on the black one.

I had a black iPhone 4 - loved it. I didn't like the white one at first, but I'm a tad OCD and was forever cleaning my black iPhone 4 to get fingerprints off. I got the white 4S and totally love it.
relax tough guy...I've seen some iPhone 4's that don't look as bright as they used to. And I agree with all these other people, every time I picture the white one in my head a female is holding it.

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure the white ones are selling really well since they were available at launch. But I still think the black probably sells more overall because it's more standard issue. And I liked that Chapelle's Show reference earlier in this thread. Never gets old.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
It's almost like every time I see a review on an iPhone, their using a white one in a photo or video. I'm into the whole storm trooper kinda thing about it, but I couldn't imagine having a white one myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatorfan79

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
relax tough guy...I've seen some iPhone 4's that don't look as bright as they used to. And I agree with all these other people, every time I picture the white one in my head a female is holding it.

Please don't call me a guy. I'm a girl. A girl with a white iPhone 4s. And I'm so not tough, quite non confrontational in real life :) glad I could sound macho online though lol

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why people get white ones. They eventually get so dirty and filthy looking after so long. I'm getting the black.
ahh, yes. that was my other reason.
ok, can we just establish that white iPhones are for girls and black ones are for boys?
in closing, boys rule, girls drool.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Uhh...So if you can't see the dirt does that mean it's not there??

I had a black iPhone 4 and now a white iPhone 4S...I actually clean my iPhone often, so dirt is a non issue..

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
White 4S here, male gender also. I don't really think it looks girly, just nicer. I had the black iPhone 4 prior to this and I'm really digging the black. I have a black/clear bumper on i, storm trooper style.
If you can't be macho with a white phone, then you just have to examine yourself more carefully.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox