4 or 4S (from Droid X - Verizon)

Subbiepops

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello All - I have a question on which product to get, the 4 or the 4S? I'm currently with Verizon and have no desire to switch carriers. My wife has an iPhone 4 and is VERY happy with it. I've played around with it and like that it just works. I currently have a Droid X and frankly, I'm tired of messing with it, so I am going to an iPhone, I just haven't decided which one yet. Do I get the 4 or the 4S? Considering my network of choice, would I gain anything getting a 4S over the 4? Is the additional $100 for the 4S versus the 4 (base model, and I understand what the differences are) justified? I'm a moderate phone gamer, not really worried about the camera upgrade and understand there is a download speed limitation on Verizon's network. I see myself really only gaining the dual-core a5 processor with a 4S versus a 4, am I missing other upgrades (other than what I've mentioned) that should convince me to get 4S over the 4?

Thank you for the enlightenment - Pops

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
One thing you will get with the 4s is longevity. With every new phone and iOS a phone gets dropped off; this year it was the iphone 3G, next year it will be the 3GS and then the iphone 4. With a 4s you will be guranteed not needing to upgrade phones for sometime in order to stay up to date on most of the iOS upgrades.

*Need and want are two different things. You will probably want to upgrade before then, but won't need to.
**Every hardware upgrade has some new ability that older models simiply cannot due even with the iOS update. 3GS: voice control, iPhone 4: Facetime, iPhone 4s: Siri. This will probably always be the case.

Don't know if that helps, but it is something to think about.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
at this point I would go with the 4s if your purchasing for the first time... its worth the extra 100 bucks plus you get an extra 8 gig of space..

Swarm

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
4s all the way, I had a droid x2 after I sold my iPhone 4 and was waiting to get the 4s and my 4 destroyed it and now my 4s is as Scott forstall would say is blow away! All of my friends and family who have iPhone 4 are always asking me to see my 4s and they r jealous when they see what it can do over the 4 which is an amazing phone in every way. IMO just get the 4s im so happy with mine. It's faster, camera is insane, Siri and dictation is a game changer for me.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Since your new to the iPhone I would get the 4s. Main reason being the extra space but also like said above the longevity. It is a faster phone and siri is kind of fun to play with. Just doesn't seem worth the upgrade to me, from an iPhone 4. Plus my upgrade isn't until February so I would rather just wait until next years model comes out, hopefully with a new design. That's the only reason I don't get the 4s

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
You should go with the 4s. The 4 that they offer now is not worth purchasing IMO, yes it is $100 cheaper but it doesn't offer what the 4s does and I might even say go with the 4 if it was still 16gb and $99 but with the 8gb it is not wort purchasing as I think most people will quickly realize that 8gb is a huge difference. By the time you're eligible for an upgrade I think the 4 will be close to outdated and you will have wished you would have went with the 4s. Good luck with whatever you choose :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73