Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Unhappy Wifi setting grayed out on 4S??

Hi all,
    I'm a completely brand new iPhone 4S owner. My first iPhone ever actually. Very happy with the speed, quality, UI, and especially Siri so far. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten the same grayed out Wifi settings on their 4S, meaning they can't even turn it on? I have my 4S through Sprint, and it was grayed out from the the first time I tried to access that setting at home. After doing resets and a full restore per Apple's support suggestions, Apple set me up with an appointment to exchange/repair my phone. Guess it's a hardware issue now
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,788 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Have you tried resetting your network settings 100%? I seem to recall this happening on the 3G years back, and a network reset solved the issue...
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Yeah, that was the first troubleshooting suggestions I read online. I actually restored the phone, which is going a few steps further than just resetting some options and settings. It's definitely hardware related, since it never showed anything but gray from the time I got it, even after restoring. Even Apple store employees were a bit surprised when I brought it in today since it's a brand new product. Guess I may be one of the only ones with the 4S like this...