Siri voice!

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the UK and we don't have the woman voice, we have a male who sounds an awful lot like the original voice of Knight Rider! As it links in with my car bluetooth I simply tap a button and I'm Michael Knight! Such a great feature and hopefully a
Little planned by apple. What do you think he/she sounds like?

@dp_scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's cool...i wish it would give us a choice, not that i mind the female voice.

Personally, i think the female voice sounds like a female version of Stephen Hawking, lol...

In case anyone was curious what the other voice sound like, you can change them in the Siri settings under the language part, but it won't functions in the united states properly unless it is set to the united states voice.

The males voice is kind of garbled in my opinion...weird.

Last edited:

grape8pe2

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for mentioning the different voice for English (United Kingdom). I like the male sounding voice better and it will add to Siri's entertainment value.

ADGrant

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately, unless you live there...it won't really do you much good to change it (for now).

Not entirely true. If you have a British accent, changing to the UK English mode makes Siri's voice recognition much more accurate. Unfortunately it also prevents me using U.S. maps which is absolutely stupid.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not entirely true. If you have a British accent, changing to the UK English mode makes Siri's voice recognition much more accurate. Unfortunately it also prevents me using U.S. maps which is absolutely stupid.

Like i said...it really won't do you much good, since the features aren't accessible...

ADGrant

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
Like i said...it really won't do you much good, since the features aren't accessible...

More features are accessible to me with the UK English mode than US since in US mode, the software does not understand me. I would love to know why Apple thinks that there are no people in the US with British accents, particularly given the designer of the exterior of iPhone (and most Apple gadgets) is British. The current restriction is completely idiotic.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
More features are accessible to me with the UK English mode than US since in US mode, the software does not understand me. I would love to know why Apple thinks that there are no people in the US with British accents, particularly given the designer of the exterior of iPhone (and most Apple gadgets) is British. The current restriction is completely idiotic.

The fact that we can't pick which voice to use is absurd...i agree 100% with that, but your situation is not a very common one, and generally speaking, like i was saying before, switching the voice in Siri is not going to benefit most users in their respective countries because it will automatically disable many of the functions of Siri for that area.

ADGrant

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
The fact that we can't pick which voice to use is absurd...i agree 100% with that, but your situation is not a very common one, and generally speaking, like i was saying before, switching the voice in Siri is not going to benefit most users in their respective countries because it will automatically disable many of the functions of Siri for that area.

I think my situation more common than you think. There are plenty of people in the US who speak with British accents. New York is full of them.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I love the female voice. But if she had a British accent I'd like her a lot more! Women with British accents give me huge wood! Think Elizabeth Hurley!

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I love the female voice. But if she had a British accent I'd like her a lot more! Women with British accents give me huge wood! Think Elizabeth Hurley!

Or Scottish, as in Karen Gillan.

As Siri is still in beta, I think we will see a lot of improvements to it with customer usage, and suggestions/requests.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox