Two Computers & iPhone 4s - Want Identical Contacts, Calendars, & Notes

NetUser40

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Many years ago my Palm Treo achieved this objective effortlessly. I could NOT get it to work with the iPhone 3g and now continue to have the same issue with the iPhone 4s.

I have a home PC, an office PC, and an iPhone 4s. All I want is for the Contacts, Calendars, and Notes to be IDENTICAL on each of these devices - without duplication. The Treo used to recognize which device had the "newest" information and would update the other devices upon syncing. My iPhone just duplicates everything.

Here are my device specs: Both PCs are Windows XP Pro and both are using Outlook 2007. Both computers have iTunes 10 (10.5.0.142). I sync both computers to the phone using iTunes (via USB).

Can anyone please help or direct me to where I can resolve this issue. Thank you.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Many years ago my Palm Treo achieved this objective effortlessly. I could NOT get it to work with the iPhone 3g and now continue to have the same issue with the iPhone 4s.

I have a home PC, an office PC, and an iPhone 4s. All I want is for the Contacts, Calendars, and Notes to be IDENTICAL on each of these devices - without duplication. The Treo used to recognize which device had the "newest" information and would update the other devices upon syncing. My iPhone just duplicates everything.

Here are my device specs: Both PCs are Windows XP Pro and both are using Outlook 2007. Both computers have iTunes 10 (10.5.0.142). I sync both computers to the phone using iTunes (via USB).

Can anyone please help or direct me to where I can resolve this issue. Thank you.

I subscribe to Plaxo (do a google search, I can't post links) and it keeps Outlook completely in sync across my work, home and laptop PCs. Best thing is that the syncing is automatic and ongoing, so it doesn't require you to sync with an iPhone. I just sync my iphone with one PC, and Outlook on my other machines is automatically kept up to date.

I tried the Plaxo mobile application on both a blackberry and on the iPhone with mixed results, and ended up removing it.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Do you have applecare? If so, I would suggest you contact a senior adviser.
I have a similar issue. the reason I don't think you have been able to do it is that Apple is concerned with license infringement in music.

You could use icloud but although outlook is on both computers, it does not work with xp, only vista or windows 7.

Alternatively, you can use outlook exchange. I looked into a hosted version but it is too expensive. I only need 1 account.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2