Bluetooth Incoming Call Issue (Nissan OEM Stereo)

akt83

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been experiencing issues with incoming calls via bluetooth? I have an '07 Nissan Sentra with factory installed bluetooth for calls. I am able to place calls fine, but when I have issues when getting incoming calls.

1) the stereo would usually cut out and display "bluetooth" on the dash and ring through the car speakers, but this doesn't happen.

2) when I want to pick up, I am unable to pick up the call using the steering wheel button (I think it is related to my first issue).

3) when I do pick up the call by pressing accept on the iphone, it seems to have trouble routing the calling through bluetooth. I will get a pop up asking me to choose "bluetooth, speaker or something else". It seems to default to speaker when it pops up. I'm fine with having to choose bluetooth each time, but nothing happens when I try to select bluetooth. Every once in a while it eventually connects after 10 seconds or so after I press the bluetooth option. More often though, after 20 seconds I hangup and call the person back because nothing happens. I usually and playing music through my aux cord when I get calls so I'm not sure if that's effecting it...

I want to keep this phone, but I need to have bluetooth working properly while I drive. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe it's just a Nissan thing?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have an 08 rogue, I have not paired it with a phone because BT tends to kill my battery on my phone too fast for me. I might try to though on this to see how that works. I would always have to redo the pairing with my Palms because I didn't keep BT turned on and the car would forget it or something.

akt83

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have an 08 rogue, I have not paired it with a phone because BT tends to kill my battery on my phone too fast for me. I might try to though on this to see how that works. I would always have to redo the pairing with my Palms because I didn't keep BT turned on and the car would forget it or something.

Thanks! I would love to hear if anyone has similar issues. I did try to unpair the phone and pair it again with no luck.

I have until next week to decide whether to return the iPhone and go back to Android. I don't want to go back, but I just can't fumble around trying to take a call while I'm trying to drive.

katfisch

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a 2013 Nissan Murano, when I picked it up they set up my Iphone and it was working fine for 2 days then it went dead, brought it back to the dealer 3 times until they finally decided to install a new blue tooth, that didnt work so they installed a new radio, so now I can make out going calls, but can't pick up incomming calls. the call rings thru the stereo, I click the talkbutton on the steering wheel and the call is picked up but I cant hear them and they cant hear me. same thing if I click the answer button on the navigation screen. Nissan has been trying to resolve this problem but we are all getting frustrated, could it be the iphone?

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2011 Pathfinder and everything works great. I would try to start over again and see if that clears things up.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a 2013 Nissan Murano, when I picked it up they set up my Iphone and it was working fine for 2 days then it went dead, brought it back to the dealer 3 times until they finally decided to install a new blue tooth, that didnt work so they installed a new radio, so now I can make out going calls, but can't pick up incomming calls. the call rings thru the stereo, I click the talkbutton on the steering wheel and the call is picked up but I cant hear them and they cant hear me. same thing if I click the answer button on the navigation screen. Nissan has been trying to resolve this problem but we are all getting frustrated, could it be the iphone?

It might be your IPhone just go to your settings - general - reset- reset all settings ... This will fully reset your phone like out of the box ( it won't erase contacts or texts ) then try to pair your iPhone with your car this might work.... It worked for me

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If your phone is on iOS 6 that's the issue ..

Stereo firmware needs updated .. Apple changed bt protocols in iOS 6

Happens to my pioneer and once I updated the software if works perfect

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234