4s signal? Not antenna gate please.

marvi0

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Hello hope am in the right section first time using Tapatalk, so still getting used to navigating the menus. I wanted to ask those who now own the new 4s, if the signal issues, have been resolved,not the antenna gate issues but the phones ability to capture signal, because the last time, on the 4, the signal was really bad, in comparison to my Samsung galaxy s2. I remember having both phones on the table, both with vodafone sim cards, but the iPhone 4 would struggle, and for me it was a deal breaker, cause i stay in the hospital were the signal is very bad, yet I rely enormously on the phone. I have read some reviews saying the signal is better on 4s but I need your user experience please.

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had a single problem with the antenna on the Verizon iPhone 4. The iPhone 4S takes it's antenna cues from that version, so I can't imagine any problems.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Signal attenuation effects every single cell phone ever made. Some more than others, with the iPhone the attenuation spot just happens to be not in the best spot and can be engaged very easily.

marvi0

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your replies, i raised the exact same query on the vodafone iPhone forum, and what emerged, after some forumers went to test, the iPhone 4s still suffers signal issues. It's ok in areas of good coverage, but when you venture into areas of poor signal, that's when you realise how frustrating it can be. I bought a new 4s, anyway to make the miss happy, and when I took it to my hospital flat, the iPhone had the exact same issue with the 4,because I had it next to my Samsung galaxy s2, same network, the gs2 was able to open pages no issues, but the 4s struggled, as it's data connection was flickering. In areas of good network coverage however the iPhone urged forward better, bearing in mind the gs2, has flash player.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Are both phones an the same network? I use Vodafone on my company mobile (Nokia N95 8GB) but have O2 on my iPhone4. The signal strength varies depending on how close you are to the transmitter.

Not teaching you to suck eggs. Just trying to help.

The_colombian

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I think this goes for all apple products. While deployed last year no one with an MacBook or iPhone/itouch could connect to the weak wifi signal we had but people with windows laptops didn't have a problem throughout the whole time we were there. I know this is about the wifi antenna but seems to be true for the 3G antenna too.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been really happy with the reception on my VZ 4S. Comparing it side by side with my VZ Palm Pre 2 the 4S has at least 1 more bar of signal consistently.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
as an example I had an iphone 4 and in my basement I would get one bar.. now with the iPhone 4s I get 3 bars in my basement

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm not having any signal problems because I have my iPhone 4S in a case, but I'm not having signal problems.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2