Congrats to Apple ! ...

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I know that some do not still have their phone, especially pre-orders, but overall, it seems like Apple had a more adequate stock of iPhones this time. I guess we all try to improve ourselves and they are doing a much better job.
This despite the luke warm reception upon the announcement.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Last time they had half the inventory. White was decided last second to be pulled for pre-orders and sales

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Rumor is they had more than 5 million phones available for shipment on launch day. They would have been building that inventory for months. Pre-order sales has nothing to do with being prepared with inventory...

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Rumor is they had more than 5 million phones available for shipment on launch day. They would have been building that inventory for months.

Was this ever verified? I would think that Apple would throttle the supply even if they had 5 million + units available. It would increase the demand and keep the product highly saught after and then larger shipments could be made towards the end of November for Holiday sales.

I don't know that Apple utilized this business model for the iP4s or if they worked to get as many units available. typically throttling supply is a good business move for new products, as you have the safety net of keeping units in warehouses and not stores, making recalling a failed product easier (I am thinking HP TouchPad here...and what they SHOULD have done). Apple knew that the iP4s would be a success, and may have gone in the completely oppisite direction to meet the immediate demand as much as possible as Tim Hewitt said...

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully the 5 gets a smooth release. And hopefully all carriers, and not just an exclusive.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73