Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default ringtones and vibrate

Hello. I've recently switched from a BB to an iPhone. So far, I'm glad I made the switch.
    Question - is there a way to have a ringtone for phone calls, and just vibrate for all messages at the same time? I'm used to a ton of options for my BB alerts. Thanks everyone.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default figured it out

I've figured out how to make the phone ring and then vibrate only for messages, reminders, etc.
    Purchased a 'silent' ringtone. Chose silent for all my message, reminders, etc, and then a classic ringer for phone calls. Now when the phone is set to ring, the phone rings and everything else vibrates.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

you can make your own ringtones and sms/email/reminder tones as well or download them. just google how to make ringtone for iphone 4. or what format it needs to be a then search that format in google. i have custom tone for ringtone and sms now. only took all of 2 mins to make both of them using itunes
    iPhone 5 16gb, iPad 3 32gb WiFi, iMac 21.5" Intel i3, iPod 20gb 2nd Gen