How much do location reminders drain the battery?

IamJAd

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that when I set a location reminder (ie: call Bob when I leave the house) causes the location icon (the arrow tilting to the right) to appear in the menu bar. Presumably because the phone is now sensing where I'm at at all times so I can be reminded at the right time.

So, is this as big of a drain as using GPS mapping? Something less? And does anyone know how badly this will affect battery life?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that when I set a location reminder (ie: call Bob when I leave the house) causes the location icon (the arrow tilting to the right) to appear in the menu bar. Presumably because the phone is now sensing where I'm at at all times so I can be reminded at the right time.

So, is this as big of a drain as using GPS mapping? Something less? And does anyone know how badly this will affect battery life?

anything you do on your phone will use battery however it wont drain as fast as you would think

tino72

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
generally speaking just leaving your location on all day will indeed decrease your battery life. i just toggle it on and off when needed

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Yea, once I noticed they leave your location services arrow up, I decided I will not be using that feature much.

Bigchris

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
There are different ways to use location reminders, the 1st way is to say remind me when I go to work to print report, that will have the gps on all the time checking to see where you are, or the 2nd way is to say Monday, remind me to print the report when I get to work, that will leave the gps off till Monday. that's what I did, and the gps is off, but the reminder is there for Monday when I arrive at work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro