Sim Failure on Sprint 4S

elusivmd

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The first day I had my Sprint 4S it gave me a sim failure error code and I had no connection to my Sprint service. As a quick fix I did a reset and it went away. 2 days later (today) I received the same error.

Did anyone else receive this error? If so, what are the possible fixes?

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
There's a GSM sim in it, for international roaming since it's a world phone.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Possible cause of iPhone 4S SIM failure problem

Hi

Received my 4S yesterday and have been encountering the same problem. Some testing indicates that the SIM failure only occurs when I have the phone in my case, which is the same one I've been using for my iPhone 4.

The case fits the phone just fine, incl the buttons on the side, but it must have an adverse impact on the 4S, perhaps due to antenna design.

Fitting the case produces the SIM failure error within a couple of minutes to about an hour, especially when the phone seems to be handing over between carrier radio frequencies. I've been using the phone without the case for a number of hours now and have not received the error again.

If anybody else is able to reproduce the problem, please do confirm.

Regards

Third i Development

<If you like ridiculously random humour,
check out TellUWhat FREE in the App Store!>

eml22205

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
SIM failure

I had the same SIM failure starting about the 3rd day of usage. It was not in any type of case so that was not the cause. Also, after receiving the msg. my phone would then show "no service" and the only way to clear was to turn completely off. Sprint did not know what the problem was so I took the phone to Apple where they rebooted my phone, the problem continued. They replaced my 4gs and the problem continues with the replacement phone. :confused:

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, is it a Black 4S or a white 4S? I have the white 4S, have had it in three different cases (latest is the Otterbox Defender), and have had zero signal or SIM problems with it.

UrbanGator

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Same issue, AT&T service, black 4s phone, case or no case SIM failure error appears, followed by no service.
First day of activation has happened 5 times.

mistafuture

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
iphone 4s sim failure

Ive had this same issue quite a few time since ive had the 4s..The case doesn't matter..but Im guessing by this post there isn't a resolve to this issue yet either? I guess its a little relief its not JUST a Sprint issue..but kinda sucks its an issue at all...Any update to why??? :mad:

Boobie12

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Had this problem when I had my sprint 4s replaced becausetescreen looked washed out then a normal screen. Restore the phone through iTunes that should fix it. If not go to dialpad(sprint ) and type ##873283# but first restore it .

elusivmd

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The problem has never reoccurred for me ever since I installed my Elements Case Vapor Pro. Not sure if it had anything to do with the Sim issue but just thought I'd mention.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok first off all 4s have a sim (gsm) portion and CDMA portion
AT&T , Verizon , Sprint
Look on the side of your phone
AT&T uses this as there service (gsm)

Verizon and sprint use a esn (CDMA)

Even thou Verizon and sprint do use it
Remember iPhone 4s is a world phone

Meaning Verizon and sprint put som cards in so if you leave the country you can roam and use gsm carriers in other country's so your phone works

As far as the issue with the error I would first take sim out and put back in

Second if it happens again I use with no case see what happens

Try to duplicate the prob To see if it really is your case

Still try a restore

If still happens take out sim and leave it out (except AT&T ) see if it happens

If it still happens I would take it to apple and replace

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

RocknBlogger

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I had something similar happen except I couldn't get to the home screen at all. It was a nightmare trying to get this resolved. Sprint said it was an Apple issue. Apple said it was a Sprint issue. Even though Apple gave me a new phone (did not resolve issue) since it didn't work they said I had to go back to Sprint.

I went back and forth four times until Sprint finally owned up to it. The bottom line is that they are responsible for the SIM card.

I was without a phone from last Sunday until yesterday when Sprint exchanged the phone for a new one which included a new SIM. Evidently they don't have any extra SIMs anywhere in the company.

FYI White 32GB iPhone 4S.

EDIT: I and Apple tried everything from restoring, resetting network settings and everything in between. Nothing worked.

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
When I did a warranty replacement on my Verizon white 32gb, I couldn't get it activated due to a bad SIM. I took it out and got it to activate that way, but when I go to Verizon's site, they still show my phone as not being activated. Going out of the country next month, so I need to get it straightened out soon.

Stan wright

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
sim failure

hi,, just recieved new 4s about every 30 min my iphone comes up with no sim
orange my network said there is a software problem apple are trying to fix and will issue software fix on itunes this week hopefully.
stan

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
When I did a warranty replacement on my Verizon white 32gb, I couldn't get it activated due to a bad SIM. I took it out and got it to activate that way, but when I go to Verizon's site, they still show my phone as not being activated. Going out of the country next month, so I need to get it straightened out soon.

The site still showed I had my iPhone 4 black ... Prob it I'm activated n I got A 4s white lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW