Siri can't find local weather?

GideonShils

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I say something like "what's the weather like?" or "how's the current weather?" I get the following message. "I dont seem to be able to get weather information right now. please try again later."

I've found that if I say the city first it works. So if I say. "what's the weather in Philadelphia?" it will give me the information. I've checked to see if location services are on for Siri and weather and checked if local weather was in the weather app.

Everything else with siri works perfectly I'm out of ideas now. Any suggestions?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Make sure that your location in Yahoo is correct. I live in Bucks County near Philly and the weather is always correct when I ask Siri.

GideonShils

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Been on hold with apple about this for 20 minutes now :/

I haven't tried it in other locations yet but it looks like its not a location problem. The last time I tried it, Siri said "let's check the weather for Philadelphia" showing that it knows where I am but then the message came up again. "I dont seem to be able to get weather information right now. please try again later."

Not sure what's going on.

20feetall

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Been on hold with apple about this for 20 minutes now :/

I haven't tried it in other locations yet but it looks like its not a location problem. The last time I tried it, Siri said "let's check the weather for Philadelphia" showing that it knows where I am but then the message came up again. "I dont seem to be able to get weather information right now. please try again later."

Not sure what's going on.

Did they give you a solution? I'm having the same issue and I'm also located in Philly.

Stuville

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Siri just cannot get my locations weather

This is what I have found out. I can ask Siri for weather in any surrounding city and it will get it no problem. However If I ask for my city "O' Fallon Missouri", Siri continues to say try again later. I can ask for the weather in my zip code and she will give me the weather. Looks like she doesn't like my city name.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711