I just got 4S, and Verizon and I have "Extended Coverage"? Help please.

Jacoblee27

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I recently moved back to my parents for a short period of time, to finish college down here. Well since I have been back my mom added me onto her US Cellular line, because it gets the best coverage at our house (before this I had At&t 3g Iphone, but never got service at their house). Anyways, the town that I work in doesn't get very good US Cellular coverage, and where I will be transferring to college soon is more of a Verizon/At&t are as well.

So yesterday, I got the 4s through Verizon, and get outstanding service everywhere now, besides my parents house. It isn't as bad as AT&t, and I haven't dropped a call yet, it just takes a few seconds sometimes to call, because it is a lot of times on the "Extended network" I think that it is using US Cellular towers. I thought about getting some sort of extender to make my service better, but I'm not going to be here for a long time.

I admit, that I also got tired of my Samsung Galaxy droid freezing up constantly, and being laggy as hell. Not to mention, US Cellular always gets the best Android phones, like several months after other providers do, and by that time they are already out of date. So my question is, will "Extended coverage" be enough the short time that I will be staying with my parents? (I leave in May). I am wondering if I should go ahead and cancel the US Cellular line, or keep it open while I am still staying here? Thank you for your help in advance. It feels great to have a dependable cellphone again.

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The network extender only works if you have DSL or other cable internet access in your home with a home WiFi setup. And if you have that, then you do not need the extender as your phone will run from the WiFi for everything except phone calls.

I live in a crappy reception area and the local tower can not put out a steady signal, bars are always going up and down, and my power meter apps go from - 90DBM to -120DBM constantly. I have tried antenna's with the Wilson Booster and the Zboost booster. Problem is that if the tower can not hold a steady signal, they are useless.

Just keep what you have and save the $$$.

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a similar boat, except that I live here permanently. The Sprint coverage map said I'd get "good" service, but my iPhone constantly goes into Extended coverage mode. if I turn off voice roaming, I'll get 1-2 bars of Sprint, but if I leave it on, it seemingly always goes to "Extended" I'm gonna call Sprint because I don't want to get dropped for being off network, but I don't make too many phone calls and everything else should be on wifi. Everywhere else I go (work, and the general area) has fine Sprint coverage.

I suppose I could just keep voice roaming off, but I'd really like to ensure I get coverage wherever I am.

Anyone have experience with Sprint and roaming?

Scoop24

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a similar boat, except that I live here permanently. The Sprint coverage map said I'd get "good" service, but my iPhone constantly goes into Extended coverage mode. if I turn off voice roaming, I'll get 1-2 bars of Sprint, but if I leave it on, it seemingly always goes to "Extended" I'm gonna call Sprint because I don't want to get dropped for being off network, but I don't make too many phone calls and everything else should be on wifi. Everywhere else I go (work, and the general area) has fine Sprint coverage.

I suppose I could just keep voice roaming off, but I'd really like to ensure I get coverage wherever I am.

Anyone have experience with Sprint and roaming?

Sprint has something called airave look into it. After I called them about reception in my house the rep offered it to me for free.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73