Evo 3d to Iphone 4s. Help...
I had a palm pre on sprint, then went to an EVO 3d on sprint
With iphone now finally available I got a iphone 4s
I have an ipad 2 as well as ipod touch. I just never used them for major contact management or calender stuff.
There might be another thread on this--but I thought I would ask. I'm trying to keep an open mind but the transition is already way more annoying than I thought it would be!
1) Google contacts/Facebook. I used webos synergy and then google/facebook sync for my contacts. I did set up my google account as an exchange to get my contacts from google--but not everything is showing up in my iphone. Very annoying. Why doesn't icloud let you sync contacts from google?? Seems like its an omission just to annoy
For that matter should icloud be called "ICOULD" as in "I wish I could figure out this cloud stuff as well as google.
very frustrating to just delete all contacts from the phone--no simple option in menus--if there is please tell me!--had to delete accounts from phone and remove data. Still stuff on phone, then emptied all data on icloud, synced and removed account--finally.
I still see no way to sync facebook contacts to phone. Not with new facebook ap. Any ideas
I asked Siri- "delete all contacts---it responded--SORRY I CANT DO IT"
2) Calender. Has this changed at all since 2007? I never used it much since I used my palm pre or evo3d. Android has a nice calender with colors and what not. I guess it is what it is in ios 5. The calender sync seems much easier than the contacts sync, but it just doesn't seem to display as well as other devices.
3) Wifi Sync. This is a new thing for me but seems very unreliable. I am not having much luck with wifi sync at the moment. Despite turning off firewall or trying to tweak it my devices, ipad2/ipod touch/ and new iphone 4s say my computer is not ready. Will keep checking on it. Has anyone found any tweaks to get it to work reliably?
4)Ios 5 crash fest. Why does apple seem to release major ios updates before a new phone launch.? google voice app is now useless, a patch is already in the works, facebook app needed a rapid patch...ipad2 seems to be crashing a lot also...
The phone has an amazing camera, well built, sound quality on phone is good, battery life no doubt will be better than most android stuff...the lack of control and tweaking is really annoying-little in app options, no back key or back swipe..ugh.
I gotta download swype on the iphone?
- 10-15-2011, 01:17 PM #2
- 10-15-2011, 01:23 PM #3
- 10-15-2011, 01:50 PM #4
1) I am new also (had an Evo). I was able to sync my contacts from gmail via iTunes. They were all uploaded to the cloud also and I can edit them at iCloud.com.
3) I also noticed that it didn't work quite as I desired. It seems that the computer needs to be up with iTunes open for that sync option to work.
- 10-15-2011, 02:46 PM #5
2. The calendar is different, lol.. I liked my EVO's better, but I'm giving it a try. I actually like my iPad2ís calendar better then the phones, it looks better to me. Yes it was easier to sync the calendar on the phone then the contacts, a welcome after trying to sync the contacts. I didn't have any of those problems setting everything up on my ipad2, not sure why it's a little different with the 4s.
3. Wifi sync works on my iPad 2, actually really well. Make sure your computer is on, and check off the sync to this computer. It should work fine after, I didn't have to change any firewalls. What kind of computer do you have ?
4. iOS 5 has been working great on the 4s and iPad 2, not one crash at all. I even had my 2 Jailbroken and expected I might have some problems when I restored it back to original for the update, not one.. Everything is smooth. When is it crashing, what app are you using, ? Just trying to pin point what might be the problem
There will be a curve, but I'm giving my all to learn as much as I can. I understand about the tweaking part, if you stay with it, your probably going to have to jailbreak it to get the options you want. There are things I miss from my EVO, but I'll either adapt or go back to it. Give it some time, research and check out the forums and maybe all of it will help. I am however enjoying the size of it and Siri, lol..
Hopefully we can try and figure out your contacts and wifi sync problem so at least you won't have to worry about that.. Good luck