Battery life issues?

BiG BaLLA 923

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4s Battery Issue

Hello everybody, this is my first post and my first iPhone as I moved from a long history of blackberry to the iPhone 4s.

Anyways this brings me to my problem, which is that my battery on my iPhone 4s is pretty awful! I have used it for 5 hours and am at 30% and took it off the charger this morning. (I didn't browse the internet, use any apps, closed all apps, turned off wifi, screen brightness is at about 1/4th and haven't played with it all today) I played with it yesterday and had to do a midday charge. Is this normal? I sent very few texts and thats about it.

Thanks for any help! I would love some suggestions, stories, whatever! Anything to help out me and the community!

tut00

Jun 18, 2009
www.wowzersoftware.com
It's odd for me to see this happen, because the 4 had one of the best batteries I have ever seen. I hope it gets better. Will try again tonight to see how it does. Maybe it's just a fluke.

Manchild Pr0digy

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My battery hasn't really been particularly good or bad. It seems better than my 3GS, but then again I used it right out of the box with whatever charge it had. I'm sure it'll be better when I actually start from 100% charged. Of course, I use the phone mostly when I'm at work and my reception is awful, so my battery life is never as good as it could be.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
That is DEFINITELY not normal...check to be sure wifi is off, and that you don't have location on other than a few apps...Hmm. I can get DAYS from a charge.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Mine seems the same as my iPhone 4. These batteries take a couple charges to work in. And I have my brightness at full, push, wifi, location services etc. You name it. It's on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had particularly good battery life but I noticed that when I plug it, it charges super fast. I plug ,y phone in last night when battery was at 30%, went outside for a cigar, came back in an hour later and it was charged back up to almost 70%. I guess that's a positive.

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that after a few battery cycles it may get better. I also thought about restoring the phone, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
SETTINGS / LOCATIONS

This will show you a list of all the apps you have installed... and a slider to turn location services on/off for each.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
My battery is definitely worse than my iP4. I gave that one to my wife. Clean installs on both and her battery is WAY better than mine halfway through the day. Hopefully it's break-in thing.

Manchild Pr0digy

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had particularly good battery life but I noticed that when I plug it, it charges super fast. I plug ,y phone in last night when battery was at 30%, went outside for a cigar, came back in an hour later and it was charged back up to almost 70%. I guess that's a positive.

I thought it charged it up awfully quick, as well. Definitely faster than my 3GS every did.

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind as well, as with many other devices, it takes a couple of charging cycles to get the battery conditioned. It "should" get better over the next few days..

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah and reminders too, if i remember correctly the batteries in these phones take a couple days to get into a groove i could be wrong though.

That's what I was thinking. I'm coming from an EVO with an extended battery, so it seems to use more, but I have a car charger and I've noticed that the 4S charges up really fast. So it's not a big deal yet but am interested to know if it changes in a few days or what.

And then there is that case with the external battery, that the Apple Store employees use...

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know, but I had a full charge at 3pm yesterday and still had 53%at 9pm, and that was continuous use, hard use. Mine seems to be 15% better than my i4.

eurofocus

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think this is an IOS5 related issue... my iphone 4 has terrible battery life since i've upgraded to the new ios, and I have yet to find a resolution.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2