Getting really irritated not being able to connect to Siri

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Are the servers going to be updated because I'm not liking only being able to use Siri 5% of the time. I imagine everyone is having an issue. Join this if a thread similar has already been started. I just want to use the 4S's main feature. At 8am yesterday Siri was lightning fast. Is it Apple having the issue or the carriers?

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes I've been having problems all morning. She's either saying network problems or that something is wrong right now.

so.long.pre

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been on wifi all morning so I doubt it's a network issue. Apple needs to get this fixed cause the only reason for getting the 4s is Siri.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
That's like saying you hate being stuck in traffic.. when in actuality, you are contributing to the traffic congestion by being in traffic... give it time and the traffic will thin out.. "I hope they get this traffic problem fixed because that's the only reason i bought this car.. if they dont get the traffic fixed, I'm taking my car back.."

same with Siri...give it time...

ls108

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Lets not forget Siri is still in a beta status. Plus I am sure based on your time zone there will be flows and backups on the servers...

scott11

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
wasnt able to get on at all last night, but this morning its working great. This think has some serious potential. Anyone know how to train it for names- lie how to learn who is a girlfriend or boss

RobActivatesiOS5

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Something I noticed: When I moved away from wifi and transitioned to 3G and asked Siri a question (or tried to use voice-to-text) it would take forever and wouldn't work. Tried it a few more times and nothing. What got it back up and running for me (about 2 or 3 times) was going to the language setting for Siri and changing it to another and then back to US English. For whatever reason this seemed to work, although it could very well have been something else (i.e. it takes a long time to recognize that you're using mobile data as opposed to wifi).

Speedriff1

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
On Verizon, If you are getting the constant, "I can't connect to the network" with Siri, try this. Dial *228 then when prompted choose option 1. After a few second you will hear, "Update complete". Hang up and try Siri again. This fix also works on texts where the headers are phone numbers instead of your contacts name. Hope this helps. For other carriers try whatever *number that does updates.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal