iPhone 4S and Contacts

Bones_6

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
My contacts seem to be a little whacky. In order for my calls to show the contact name, the contact needs a 1 before the number, however if I add the 1 to make the name show for an incoming call or my recent list, it breaks it in Messages.

But, when I add that 1 and I get a new SMS, it just shows the numbers without a 1 or a contact name.

I've been trying to fix this all day, and idk what else to do to fix it. I'm using iCloud to sync my contacts.

Anyone else run into these problems? Do I really have to do a factory restore?

scott11

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I am having contact issues as well. Just got my 4s, added my gmail as an exchange, and it only synced 100 contacts, although I have many more.

Any ideas?

Munchster

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I too am having this issue with my contacts.
For example, I gave my father a call from my contacts, which his number is listed without the 1 in the front. Then when I go to my call log, it only shows his number WITH the 1 in front.

This is very annoying as it makes my texts/calls unorganized. It would be great to know of any solutions for this.

Bones_6

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to turn on and off different functions regarding to the phone and texts, and thus far I haven't been able to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Same issues here I got gmail and iCloud both .. Only sync 50 contact I fixed that issue by going to gmail exchange setting and un checking contact sync .. It will delete all from phone .. Then turn it back on n then I got all my contacts back .. As far as the 1 before the number issue mine does it too I have no clue .. Does anyone else have iMessage on a iPad like me ? Trying to see if having it go to phone number and email triggered this issue

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been using iMessage today n I look at my iPad n my conversation is not there so who knows .. I think they both have to be set to go to email but when I use it on my phone who would text my email address ? Really lol I'm sure this 1 thing is a bug that will be fixed

Bones_6

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully. The funny thing is, my Bluetooth in my car didn't care and was still able to tell me who's calling so its prolly just a bug with the caller id.

As for the sync thing, maybe you should try funambol?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Fixed it!!!! I re did the over the air programming in my setting phone it said my number was 5599703489 but another iPhone I have had the area code in ( ) so I did the Verizon programming *228

Also when entering a number in contacts before it would () the first 2 numbers not 3 like for a area code after I did the programming all is fixed but not have got part of the USA country codes or something the first time around

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm setting an alarm....keep in mind I'm on the west coast, so depending on where you, it could be a good or bad thing! :p

You can edit the post. LOL

Mistress of Mischief

I know but I don't mind lol im west coast too actually Cali .. iMessage away lol

Bones_6

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Haha, and yea that fixed it! Of course it's the simple solution.

I was reading the Apple support forums and it looks like there are a lot of bugs with iCloud, the iPhone 4S and contacts.

JeremyL27

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to post confirming the *228 fix. It took me a few extra steps. I had to kill the Message and Phone apps, as well as giving the phone 2-3 minutes to propagate the carrier information.

Thank you Peligro911

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to post confirming the *228 fix. It took me a few extra steps. I had to kill the Message and Phone apps, as well as giving the phone 2-3 minutes to propagate the carrier information.

Thank you Peligro911

No prob was bugging the hell out of me all day lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal