4S Calendar?!?

BMWGSrider

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
The Calendar that came installed on my iPhone is nothing at all like what the Safari user guide on the phone shows or talks about, and I looked on the Apple website at the PDF instructions and I just flat don't have what is showing and can't get events added to my calendar.

When I click on the calendar icon the calendar opens, but I don't have the "+" sign there to add an event. When I add put an event in using the "reminders" icon it doesn't show up on the camera.

In the setup in the PDF instructions online it talks about going to Settings...Mail,Contacts and Calendars and choosing a default calendar. I don't have "default calendar" or anything like it anywhere.

Is this just an annoying bug, or am I missing something?

MissSaintG

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
iCal Problem on the 4S

I don't have a solution but I am having the same problem. Is your 4S white? because my mom, sister and I each got one yesterday and they got black but I got white, and I'm having the same issue. No little "+" in the corner to add events but my mom and sister's are fine. I'm finding this extremely annoying. I hope someone figures this out!

Cheers! :confused:

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
You have to put it in landscape mode...then it will look just like the calendar seen on the internet. In portrait mode its the regular calendar. Hope this helps.

stdeb11

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
No I do not have a default calendar set in the settings app because I do not have the option under settings. My only options under the settings app are "New invitation alerts, sync, time zone support, and default alert times". I checked with my friend who has a 4S too and he has more options then me. It seems that my calendar app is missing alot of things

And putting it in landscape mode does not allow me to add events either

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
I have a black iPhone 4 running iOS 5 and my calendar app is fine. New event button is present

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boobie12

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Do you have an email account on your iPhone? If so try going into setting email and turn on calendars for that email, this should work

BMWGSrider

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I finally figured out what was going on, at least in my case.

To restate what was happening, I could open the calendar app on my iPhone but I didn't have the "+" sign and couldn't add events and didn't have the button to add custom calendars.

It turned out that when I set up my gmail email account, which the phone did pretty much automatically, it also set up gmail calendars. I found that while looking at my email accounts through the settings menu. I deleted the gmail calendar and my Apple calendar works properly now.

BMWGSrider

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I haven't set up any syncing with the native Apple calendar yet. I will probably set it up to syn with Outlook if I can.

I am a builder and I typically enter all of my appointments and meetings directly on my phone, so for me syncing isn't a huge issue like it might be for some people. My phone is always with me and it's what I rely on for keeping track of appointments.

I do have to say that I really like how Siri will put things on the calendar. I got an email this morning as I was heading out the door. It was from a real estate agent that wants to meet about a project. I read the email and then told Siri when to schedule the meeting and it was put right onto the calendar.

The more I use it the more I am really liking the user interface and functionality of this phone. It's my first iPhone, and I find it more intuitive to use than the Blackberry it replaced.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox