Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
Like Tree10Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,089 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Speeds in LV with AT&T
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Talk iPhone 4S data speeds here-speed2.png   Talk iPhone 4S data speeds here-speed1.png  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.0.1

Cool

AT&T is very good around Northwest, Indiana.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Verizon in the Cincinnati suburbs and Columbus city.....3G is god-awful. Not the 3G in the area, because I haven't had problems with past phones, but damn it's SLOW on the iPhone. Dropping from wi-fi to 3G makes me want to climb the Empire State Building and jump.
    iMore Beginner

iOS Version

Meh not too bad xD

Talk iPhone 4S data speeds here-imageuploadedbytapatalk1335396377.158121.jpg

Talk iPhone 4S data speeds here-imageuploadedbytapatalk1335396322.039638.jpg
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,218 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Getting so fed up with lack of service/speed with my iPhone on Sprint. Getting ready to switch to AT&T. Not worried about limited data since I've yet to go over a gig in a month and I consider myself a heavy user.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by mab4285 View Post
    Getting so fed up with lack of service/speed with my iPhone on Sprint. Getting ready to switch to AT&T. Not worried about limited data since I've yet to go over a gig in a month and I consider myself a heavy user.
    Same here..Sprint's network is horrible and I'm tired of my phone losing 3G service, which really is more like dial-up
    mab4285 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,029 Global Posts
    iOS Version

In Turkey users get around 5 down, 3 up.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    490 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gatorfan79 View Post
    What kind of speeds are you guys getting? My WiFi speed is faster than the speed of my MacBook Pro!

I'm on Verizon:

On WiFi - 10.92mbps down, 1.44mbps up

On 3G - 1.53mbps down, .68mbps up

In my house I only have 3 bars... so I'm thinking 1.53 isn't too bad, but I'm usually on wifi at home anyway.
    1.53 is very respectable for Verizon 3G. With just 3 bars you are getting descent speeds. There are very good boosters or repeaters that will triple those speeds and are very easy to install. For a few hundred bucks it is well worth it. I also have Verizon but use their LTE and at my home office I get 26 MB down and 6 MB up. Unbelievable speeds. I would think the new I-Phone will be getting LTE.
    Good Luck
    iPhone Nanite

How annoying is to be stuck with the same phone operator for 2 years! I found the way to get rid of them and be free to use my iphone with the operator I want. It worked great for me. You can do it to, just go to and you´ll be free like I am now. Good luck
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS 6.0

iPhone 27 Down and 4.9 Up on my 4S (on Wifi)

iPad 33.8 Down and 5.15 Up / iPad 3 (on Wifi)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Talk iPhone 4S data speeds here-img_1487.png  
    Last edited by Craig; 07-23-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

It is a good idea to buy an iPhone as it is the best smart phone available in the market today according to many experts. Like all Apple products this smart phone is also priced a bit higher than its competitors. Since it is an expensive gadget, buying a case is imperative for its protection. If you are hoping to buy one, it is a good idea to learn about the best cheap iphone covers.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

I get about 3-5 Mbps down and 1-2 Mbps up with AT&T Hspa+ 4G on my 4S.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,089 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I could never get these speeds on my iPhone 4. The 4S with HSPA+ on Att is definitely faster.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Talk iPhone 4S data speeds here-photo.png  
    iMore Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default Talk iPhone 4S data speeds here

These are my speeds in Adelaide, South Australia on the Vodafone Network.
    Talk iPhone 4S data speeds here-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1356874593.377573.jpg
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789