iphone lost..

esbece

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
- preordered iphone last friday

- ups says iphone delivered to my apt building
- package left at mailroom.. which doesn't exist unless you call the hallway in the building with the mailboxes a mailroom?
- package signed by al.. who i don't know or know if that person even exists
- my shipping details on apple's site clearly states which unit i am in

- called ups and they claim in their shipping label that no unit was ever stated. ups also claims no responsibility and tells me to contact apple
- called apple and they say they will start an investigation

- called apple again and they say i am eligible for a refund since package is lost or they will ship another order
- if i want another order.. my order will have priority but currently there is a delay of 1 to 2 weeks due to backorder. no guarantee on delivery date.
- if i want a refund.. since i signed up for a 2yr contract with this iphone order, it will take 7-10 business days to reverse my account info.. which means, i can't even go to a store and purchase the phone at a discounted 2yr contract rate until the acct has been reversed.

hope no one else is in the same situation..

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Damn! I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I know that I would be pretty upset about that! I really hope that this all works out for you somehow soon. Sounds like they went to the wrong building. OR the driver has your phone.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
At least you're offered a refund or a new phone. It may take a minute, but it's justice to you (but the prick who stole your phone still gets away with it).

I think they should refund AND send you another one. That's just ridiculous. It sounds like a pretty disorganized place though, and obviously a little dishonest. Condolences.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I'm willing to bet there were thieves just patiently waiting for today, knowing there would be preorders shipping this very day, and knowing that they could make a ton of money slinging iPhones.

I mean, people were selling 4S's for thousands of dollars on eBay.

esbece

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
the phone was gonna be used with verizon. unfortunately, i don't think verizon can do anything about this at the moment since they weren't really involved in the order process.

i requested apple to send me a replacement phone. they told me a rep would contact me to verify some information and have it sent out. i was kinda reluctant of having another phone delivered.. but it seemed better than getting a refund.. waiting for the account to be reversed.. and finding out that the phones were sold out and having to wait even longer.

i also did ask what would happen to the phone in the case that it was stolen.. i told them to put a block on the phone but apple said they can't do. but they did tell me that if the person tried to register it and use it, it would say that this is a "missing or invalid product?" not sure what that means or how it works..

anyway, i'm hoping that i'll have the phone in the next week.. i have learned my lesson and probably won't deal with preorders anymore.

hope everyone is enjoying their new iphones!

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
- preordered iphone last friday

- ups says iphone delivered to my apt building
- package left at mailroom.. which doesn't exist unless you call the hallway in the building with the mailboxes a mailroom?
- package signed by al.. who i don't know or know if that person even exists
- my shipping details on apple's site clearly states which unit i am in

- called ups and they claim in their shipping label that no unit was ever stated. ups also claims no responsibility and tells me to contact apple
- called apple and they say they will start an investigation

- called apple again and they say i am eligible for a refund since package is lost or they will ship another order
- if i want another order.. my order will have priority but currently there is a delay of 1 to 2 weeks due to backorder. no guarantee on delivery date.
- if i want a refund.. since i signed up for a 2yr contract with this iphone order, it will take 7-10 business days to reverse my account info.. which means, i can't even go to a store and purchase the phone at a discounted 2yr contract rate until the acct has been reversed.

hope no one else is in the same situation..

Sorry to hear that. This is another reason UPS sucks. Every time someone ships something to me using ups I don't get it till late at night. That why I told Verizon never to ship anything to me ups ever again

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If it has not been done already, Apple will have Verizon put the device's MEID/ESN on their MEID/ESN DENY list - meaning it will not be able to be activated - period... if recovered, they can then get it off the deny list, and turn around and sell it... UPS is going to be reimbursing Apple for the loss, since their driver didn't get a signature from the addressee, and left the device in an unsecured location as should have been proper procedure.

esbece

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
oh wow.. good to know!
thanks for the info kch50428!

just got an email from apple saying based on their investigation with ups, they WILL ship out another iphone to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner