I will never pre-order another iPhone again..

kriss76

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I will not pre-order again either. At least, not from Verizon. I got up in the wee hours of the morning on the 7th and placed my order at 2:50am (not sure how I was able to do it early, but it worked). Got my pre-order confirmation, then my shipping notice this week.

It was out for delivery at 6am this morning.

However, Verizon did not put my apartment on the actual shipping package (even though it was correct on all of my shipping notices). So, now I have to wait until Monday for UPS to redeliver.

Darn it. Oh well, it's just a phone in the grand scheme of things, but I sure did want to play with it this weekend. :rolleyes:

Blackvalk

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered also. The UPS truck pulled up outside my home, so I went out to receive the "package". It seems, however, that some individual at UPS placed the wrong address routing sticker on the "package". So, the package that the truck brought, belonged to someone else, and that person has, or has not, mine. The driver was acutely aware of the problem and called his supervisor about the incorrect packages for each party. I have fears that my actual package was delivered and signed for, by someone else, by mistake. If that is the case, and someone else has opened the package, I don't feel I should accept it when it eventually gets here. I called UPS and received a "canned answer" that my package was "being held for observation". They refuse to give a date for delivery. I'm considering going to my Verizon store, explaining the problem, and trying to get a replacement "Black 64GB IP4S" unit at the store, and have UPS return the originally shipped unit to Verizon, or whoever shipped it. This is a complete update from a older cell, using the same phone #. The older cell phone still works with that #.

And this my first post....!

mustang8918

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I also will not do another pre-order. Mine is on backorder so I went to the store yesterday that had no line and purchased one. I called to cancel the backordered pre-order and was told that I could not but that I could give the phone to someone else to use on their line when it arrived, that isn't due for an upgrade, and only have to pay the 199 fee, interesting.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
With so many stores selling them, there's not much of a need to preorder. Plus you have to do the activating if you do preorder. This is was my first year preordering yet i still had to go to the store to get the wife one who changed her mind after i preordered mine. Getting hers activated and going was easier than mine.

But thankfully so many do preorder and keep the lines down some. Samsclub worked for me and there was no line at all. Business account means i can use business hours..open at 7 am. I'll be doing more buying from there if they get future stuff on launch day.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I got my phone around 5, it was my normal driver who kept apologizing for being so late he said he alone had 50 just iPhone deliveries he had already done plus the normal stuff. I was laughing and told him it was not a big deal I was just excited to have it.

I took the day off waiting for UPS because I didn't want to miss the delivery. I figured I would have taken the day off after waiting in line all night anyhow. I felt like I kept waiting and waiting.

The guy that delivered mine at 5 said he still had 80 stops to go. I actually feel bad now for feeling like I was waiting.

Glad to have my phone! it is amazing.

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordering never guarantees anything early, plus as you've seen in the thread you always have to worry about shipping problems. I tend to be an instant gratification girl myself and was fine waiting in line (in fact there's something kind of fun about it), but if you're not crazy obsessed like me I think pre-ordering is a great idea.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordering never guarantees anything early, plus as you've seen in the thread you always have to worry about shipping problems. I tend to be an instant gratification girl myself and was fine waiting in line (in fact there's something kind of fun about it), but if you're not crazy obsessed like me I think pre-ordering is a great idea.

Early? Maybe not, but I still expect it delivered or be able to be picked release day. Just like any other preorder from anywhere else.

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Early? Maybe not, but I still expect it delivered or be able to be picked release day. Just like any other preorder from anywhere else.

I definitely agree with that, especially if that's what your shipping confirmation says. The risk you always run with ordering online though are shipping complications. I've had issues with FedEx and UPS before that have caused delays. That's why I brave the line so I have it in my hand before walking out the door.

mikeym827

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
i agree with the no preordering anymore. i ordered from at&t early saterday(day after launch), and the tracking notification has not changed since then. which is the iphone is on backorder. then i walked into at&t on friday evening, and they had a few left in stock -.- i was pissed lol. they wont even let me cancel my preorder to pick one up from the store.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
i agree with the no preordering anymore. i ordered from at&t early saterday(day after launch), and the tracking notification has not changed since then. which is the iphone is on backorder. then i walked into at&t on friday evening, and they had a few left in stock -.- i was pissed lol. they wont even let me cancel my preorder to pick one up from the store.

I ordered early morning day of preorder and my status still hasn't changed.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I took the day off waiting for UPS because I didn't want to miss the delivery. I figured I would have taken the day off after waiting in line all night anyhow. I felt like I kept waiting and waiting.

The guy that delivered mine at 5 said he still had 80 stops to go. I actually feel bad now for feeling like I was waiting.

Glad to have my phone! it is amazing.

I felt bad for being annoyed when I saw it was my normal guy lol. He is so nice and I could only imagine how busy he had been and god knows how many other packages he had to deliver. I just wish I would have known it was him and he was just super super busy because I would have gone to the gym, took care of errands I needed and maybe went shopping or something instead of sitting around my house like some freak in my pj's with the tv basically on mute listening for when the truck went by haha and it was garbage day I went for the door at least 3 times. The other guy that occasionally delivers will knock on the glass sliding door in the back next to the garage and if you don't run out and answer immediately he will straight up leave a "sorry we missed you tag" and take off instead of getting out of his truck and walking up the path and ringing the front doorbell. I just felt bad for the driver and hope nobody was rude to him because they were waiting all day.

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I felt bad for being annoyed when I saw it was my normal guy lol. He is so nice and I could only imagine how busy he had been and god knows how many other packages he had to deliver. I just wish I would have known it was him and he was just super super busy because I would have gone to the gym, took care of errands I needed and maybe went shopping or something instead of sitting around my house like some freak in my pj's with the tv basically on mute listening for when the truck went by haha and it was garbage day I went for the door at least 3 times. The other guy that occasionally delivers will knock on the glass sliding door in the back next to the garage and if you don't run out and answer immediately he will straight up leave a "sorry we missed you tag" and take off instead of getting out of his truck and walking up the path and ringing the front doorbell. I just felt bad for the driver and hope nobody was rude to him because they were waiting all day.

My delivery person didn't knock OR ring the doorbell. I found out it was delivered at 7:11pm by randomly checking my shipping status at 7:30pm online. I know the dude was busy but wow mix in a knock or something. Life is well now, got my phone, it owns.

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, it took me about 4 seconds to come down from my fit of rage. Then, I realized it had to activate it...over the phone... Further rage ensued.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I had no issues with my OTA, which is suprising because not to be a negative nancy but things never go right for me lol, I am a walking murphy's law. I have read about the issues people have been having and my phone has been 99% perfect, I guess I was always meant to have 4s haha.

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Well, lucky you. It wouldn't activate OTA on mine so I tried online. It then told me I had to change something on my plan which was BS. I tried online again and I guess they got tired of my antics so the webpage suggested I call. Womp, womp. 99% perfect? You a lotting for the slimmest margins of error???

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
No, Siri while it hasn't been unavailable to me some of the things I ask which are simple ad clear goes to something else but I'm sure that will get worked out. Nothing is ever 100% flawless

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
No, Siri while it hasn't been unavailable to me some of the things I ask which are simple ad clear goes to something else but I'm sure that will get worked out. Nothing is ever 100% flawless

Aside from Siri yelling at me, i only have one issue. I'm from the south, try to imagine the forth coming battles with bad annunciation of simple words... Yeah...lovely

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR