How to activate iPhone that was bought with another lines upgrade eligibility?

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
I used my boss's upgrade eligibility to by the iPhone 4s for me. When per ordering, I choose the iPhone data plan, messaging, and what not. I am going to give him my iPhone 4 once I get the iPhone 4s activated. We are on the same business plan and I am qualified with full access to manage the account.

Questions...

1. Do I need to activated the iPhone 4s on his line of service before I activate it on mine?
2. Is it ok to do this ESN swapping online or should I go to a corporate store?

Thanks, Cody

Verizon account btw

Last edited:

dandbj13

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... I'm doing the same thing on AT&T. I was told by a rep that all I had to do was swap the sims. I will double check this morning. Thanks for the link.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
with VZ just call them up and have them switch the # for the phones... I did this with the wife. I let her take my upgrade early and it was nice and easy.

dandbj13

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with AT&T. You would definitely have to call them before activating. A simple sim swap is not sufficient.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I am assuming it is like Sprint because they are both CDMA. You have to activate the phone on his line of service, once it is on there you can take it off and switch the phones. I don't know if Verizon has rebates but if you don't get it on the same line you probably will have to forfit that. Other than that there shouldn't be an issue. Good luck :)

MannyGeee

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah, if you can pull it off I would go into the store and make all the switches there.

I have little faith in VZWs phone reps for the more complicated switches and changes.

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
With VZW you would just need to activate the phone on the number eligible for the upgrade and then call customer service and have them switch the phones.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77