iPhone 4S screen

n00basaurus

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
One of the main reasons I'm thinking of switching to an iPhone is the screen, but after reading the review from The Verge I'm not so sure.

"One thing I did note, however, was how much less contrast-heavy the screen looks in comparison to the previous model. The iPhone 4S has a noticeably different color tone, and blacks seem far less dark. This isn?t necessarily a bad thing; when comparing Dead Space (a pretty dark game) side-by-side, I found the iPhone 4S display more eye-pleasing. Still, the newer screen definitely has a slightly more green-tinted, washed-out look compared with the older device."

Is anyone else worried about this?

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I seen the same article and that same statement worried me as well. I mean it REALLY looked washed out when seeing the side by side pictures....

I wonder if it was a bad phone or something?

dcgore

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I seen the same article and that same statement worried me as well. I mean it REALLY looked washed out when seeing the side by side pictures....

I wonder if it was a bad phone or something?

Probably not. I remember when i made the switch to VZ from ATT, my VZ iphone4 had a brighter, clearer screen than my att iphone 4. The GSM one has a yellowish tint to it and whites look much better on the VZ iphone.

I am thinking, this is the way the new screens are and we'll have to deal with a greenish tint.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It's impossible to manufacture 2 screens of any type without some slight deviation. They can never be exactly the same.

One display next to another always makes the other look different, as well.

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
if I remember correctly didnt we have this same thing happen when the 3g came out or something? I could swear this feels like deja vu all over again

TheCIArr

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm video and audio snob but it's too hard to tell since that was only one review. I wonder maybe if the minimum brightness has been changed?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
This has come up even among the iPhone 4, 3GS, and 3G that someone gets a screen that was yellow tinted or not as good looking as what they had before. It's fine.

From the OP's quote - "I found the iPhone 4S display more eye-pleasing"

Is that a typo or why is the reviewer contradicting him/herself?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
This has come up even among the iPhone 4, 3GS, and 3G that someone gets a screen that was yellow tinted or not as good looking as what they had before. It's fine.

From the OP's quote - "I found the iPhone 4S display more eye-pleasing"

Is that a typo or why is the reviewer contradicting him/herself?

He also said that blacks don't look as black which actually may be better atleast in the game demo he shows it makes it easier to see. Atleast for me that is a good thing.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a lighter contrast display on their 4S as compared to a iPhone4?

I notice when I take a photo and then upload it or send it to my wife's iPhone 4...it looks darker and more crisp than it does on the screen of my 4S.

I was also looking at this same review:
iPhone 4S review | This is my next...

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
yeap everyone is talking about that.

I've seen some talk about it, but not tooo much.

I'll have to compare it to the screen on my Boss's 4S in the morning. He is new the iPhone and is amazed by the screen.

While the screen is still amazing looking on my 4S, The only thing that bugs me is that a photo I take looks brighter and a tad washed out compared to any other display I look at that same photo on.

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I dunno, my screen on this 4s is actually nicer than the one on both of my iphone4.
i feel the same way. the retina display on my ipod touch rarely ever "wow"ed me. but using the 4S...its crispness was very apparent, especially when using the camera app.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I've seen some talk about it, but not tooo much.

I'll have to compare it to the screen on my Boss's 4S in the morning. He is new the iPhone and is amazed by the screen.

While the screen is still amazing looking on my 4S, The only thing that bugs me is that a photo I take looks brighter and a tad washed out compared to any other display I look at that same photo on.

That is going to happen when you switch between displays of different quality the picture will look different on each

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2