Happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

Are you happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

• Total voters

paulrkiii

Sep 29, 2009
www.facebook.com
I can't believe how much faster my 4s is compared to my 4.....yeah was hoping for a bigger screen but I just went with a white phone instead of another black one so it seems "newer" :D

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely faster than my iPhone 4 was. I am not overly impressed with the camera so far, the pics seem duller (due to IR filter?) than my iPhone 4 pics were. It seems to not focus well either.

It definitely takes better low light pics though. f2.4 is niiice.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

murrelldj

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmmmm.... still deciding. Love Apple and apple products, and this is my 4th iPhone... upgraded to 4s mainly for Siri which isnt blowing me away yet but i am reserving judgement for now as i am sure the servers are getting hammered.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I am on the fence. I thought the phone browser had tabbed browser, but that is for the iPad. I miss the app drawer concept of Android. I can not find Reader, on any web page, and Apple says,"You can open the Camera app right from the Lock screen", I do not have the Camera icon on my lock screen.

I will mess with it/study it then make up my mind.
Really like the iMessage app.

I can not find my pictures on my computer, Apple site says, "C:\Users\Apple\Pictures\Photo Stream\My Photo Stream", but it is not on my computer.

To use the camera from the lock screen you have to double tap the home button and it will appear. The "reader" function for web pages appears in the address bar when you click on a link to a story. It is a really sweet feature.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So far yes, I haven't done a lot with it but speed is a win. I do need to test the camera more. I don't want crappier pics that are just bigger lol

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Very pleased. I was skeptical at first, but this outshines my i4. I'm most impressed with the speed and smoothness. The camera is awesome. I told my son and he didn't believe me, so we both took a pic of a plant on the coffee table, he with his i4, me with mine. There was no comparison, mine was so much clearer and defined. I love the notifications in iOS5, and Siri is too cool.

wbeem

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'm happy. I kept the iPhone 3Gs and skipped the 4, so this is a pretty drastic upgrade for me. The speed is much better, both in terms of processing and 3G performance. The screen is nice, but seems a bit more difficult to read outdoors than the 3Gs.

The camera is a huge improvement over the 3Gs, both for stills and HD video recording. I bumped up to 64GB on this one, so I'll have room for HD video.

Siri is mostly for fun right now, but I'm slowly learning how to integrate it into my workflow. I played with dictation to reply to messages & Facebook. It does very well learning words, though I need to know if I can get it to include punctuation.

Blackvalk

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Happy? ABSOLUTELY! Not counting the mistaken delivery of my new iP4S, to someone else by UPS, resulting in a delivery delay. I've been using a 4th Gen iPod Touch for about a year, so the learning curve was more of a flat one, for me, with this, my first smart phone. So far, battery life is probably going to be 48 to 72 hours, as I'm trying to watch my 2 gig data plan and using 3G minimally, at least for the first month. Most places I visit have wifi, anyway. So, no complaints for now.:):)

Gushue

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
LOVE IT! Having some iOS 5 issues with notification, I want to be able to turn off notifications for one of my 2 email accounts, but doesn't seem to be a way to do that :mad:

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving my new iPhone. My last iPhone was the 3GS and when I had gotten it, I was not as impressed as I am with the 4S.

I'm still a proud CrackBerry user though ahahahaha. My Bold 9900 and iPhone 4S compliment one another very well.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Siri is mostly for fun right now, but I'm slowly learning how to integrate it into my workflow. I played with dictation to reply to messages & Facebook. It does very well learning words, though I need to know if I can get it to include punctuation.

I dictate the punctuation: "new line" "period" "comma", etc. I usually say "new note" and Siri starts dictation on the Notes app. You can then open up that file and dictate by clicking on the microphone icon. I'm not good at dictating anything more than 2-3 sentences at one go. Once I'm done I can copy the entire note and paste it anywhere I want. You can email directly from the note, but I'm surprised there's no option to tweet it yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234