Happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

Are you happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

• Total voters

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
It's a solid device no question about it! I came from Android (HTC Incredible) and if I had to do it all over again I would have waited to see the Nexus Prime. I used my upgrade on the 4s so if i want the Prime I would have to sell the 4s outright. All in all it's a great device, fantastic battery life, great looking apps, easy to use. I do miss tinkering with Android though.

You know that you have 14 days to return it (along with paying a restocking fee).

flybub

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
You know that you have 14 days to return it (along with paying a restocking fee).

This is my 2nd phone. I upgrade to the thunderbolt and hated it so I returned it and waited for the 4s/5. I think you only get 2 exchanges with Verizon?

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Just upgraded from a VZ Palm Pre 2 to the iPhone 4S (my first personal iPhone) and I'm loving it. iOS5 took care of every complaint I had about iOS in general (notifications, text tones per-contact, notifications on lock screen, etc) so I'm extremely happy on both hardware and software fronts.

The only thing I was bummed about was that the multitasking gestures from the iPad2 don't work on the iPhone. I would love to have a two or three finger swipe up gesture to access the multitasking drawer instead of double-tapping the home button. But oh well :)

Ruth06

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Completely happy. In Fact, at first I was rather disappointed with the idea of the iPhone 4S. Now, that I have it in my hands, IT'S AMAZING. Siri is fast and very responsive. The phone is MUCH faster than before. The pictures are amazing. I can't believe there's this much of a difference between them. Especially with the underwhelming launch.

Read your writing, I also want an iPhone4S, however we will have at the end of 2011, it is frustrating.

ultraluke

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from a blackberry, and then a couple of Android devices. The last was the Droid x, and that was probably the longest I have ever kept a single phone, I really liked it. I am happy with the 4S, I wouldn't say that its head and shoulders above Android because both have things that I like. The notifications on the X seemed faster, and I liked the larger screen. The iPhone is smoother, less lag, and I think the screen looks nicer. Siri is great and I do not really need all of the customization anymore, simple is good right now.

Reactions: DANNCAS

tnrambler

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Very happy here. Moved from Pre and webOS to Sprint iPhone 4S 32GB. Missing some of the things that I had become accustomed to like cards and swiping between apps, but I'm getting used to the "new" way of doing things. I do wish that I didn't have to use Google to sync between my iBook G4, but I am on OSX 10.4.11 and neither iCloud nor the updated iTunes play with Tiger, but I picked up software to sync address book and calendar to Google for my Pre and I don't plan to move to a newer laptop anytime soon (this 6 year old ibook does everything that I need it to do).

Again, very pleased with the total experience. Still figuring out how to do some things, but the learning curve is not too bad.

gloomcookie1

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have gone through 6 different Android devices. None of them ever felt right. iPhone just feels right. 4s is zippy, quality and works pretty well. It's not perfect and there are a few things I miss like turn-by-turn gps for free but the complaints are minor compared to the benefits. I do wish the screen was bigger though.

Try Waze from the app store for turn by turn. Not sure how it works everywhere but here in South Florida it works tremendously.

PODIII

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Happy to finally have an iPhone

The only thing that?s been holding me back was my great corporate plan on Sprint. Didn?t want to give that up. Powered up right out of the box and was connected to my AirRave (A Samsung cell router connected to my LAN).

Address book, iTunes library, even ringtones are working. Ported over about 200 apps from my iPad. Not a single glitch- except that my WifFi history did not convey. That seems to be a lapse, or I?m missing something.

MunchkinD13

Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm very happy with my new phone but some times it doesn't seem like a new phone because it looks exactuly the same. But that's good, no need to buy all new cases. :D

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I miss from my EVO is Sprint Navigation by Telenav. If there is a way to get Siri to provide turn by turn directions from Google Maps somehow, that would take care of it. I tried the free Telenav app from the App store, but it kept crashing and Google maps doesn't talk (unless I'm missing something). And I hate to say this, but I miss the NASCAR SPRINT CUP MOBILE APP. Yes, I'm a NASCAR fan and auto racing in general, but if one of the other racing series has an App, that would definitely fill that void.

Other than that, I'm still VERY pleased with the iPhone 4S. All I need now is an Otterbox Defender case and I'm set.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm a pretty happy camper with the phone..:D.. So is my wife as she got one as well....
I had the original Droid and my wife had a Blackberry Storm II. Android has gotten into the habit of over updating their OS and I'm starting to think that Blackberry has all but totally surrendered...

HektikBob

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
This is my first Iphone and I can tell you coming from a Droid Charge, the Iphone is far superior. Wow what a camera on this unit.. and speed is unbeleivable.. Now if i can just figure out what apps i need ..I will be in heaven ..:)

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I just dumped my Drone. I made a list of the useful aps I had on the other phone and that gave me a good starting point for the iphone. Some are actually on both...