Happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

Are you happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

• Total voters

alphasportstv

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I actually returned mine today. I talked myself into upgrading from my iPhone 4 (and getting caught up in the hype) but I knew that I shouldn't have. The 4S features were not a compelling enough reason for me to upgrade and justify locking myself into a two year contract and paying $300 for the 32gb. I'm happy with my iPhone 4 and staying off contract which I have been for about a year now.

+1 for a voice of reason :)
Me too; still slogging thru the final year of my 3-year agreement

wfs2011

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes Happy

I have gone through 6 different Android devices. None of them ever felt right. iPhone just feels right. 4s is zippy, quality and works pretty well. It's not perfect and there are a few things I miss like turn-by-turn gps for free but the complaints are minor compared to the benefits. I do wish the screen was bigger though.

VThokie78

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
No, I am not happy. Do not get me wrong, the 4s is an AMAZING phone and I am coming from Android. However, it is not all that big of an upgrade from the iPhone4 in my opinion. I put mine next to my wife's and it was faster, but not all that much. We all know that next year Apple will release a new phone with a new design and more than likely it will be LTE. So I am taking mine back and holding off on my upgrade so I can get the one next year.

And I know people will say...."well there is always something better on the horizon." That is true, but I would rather be locked into a 2 year contract having a newly designed iPhone hopefully with LTE, then to be locked into one now for 2 years with one that is not a radical new design. If I stay with it now, I am stuck next summer watching everyone get a new design knowing that I can not upgrade until 2013. I would like to get my first iPhone so that I am on the new product design cycle, which means getting one next summer/October and having it for 2 years and then getting another one in two more years when the next design is out.

Shomer

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I would have voted 'no'..my reasons...

I was thinking the same thing last night while looking over the results of the poll so far. It would be nice to include a reason for not liking it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

I didn't get a chance to vote, but would have voted 'no'. (quick background on my upgrade history...My first iPhone was the 3G, upgraded to the 3GS, then to the 4 and now to the 4S....they all went relatively smoothly...)

1. can't disable 3G - I live in an area where I get a very poor 3G signal and had it off (on my 4) almost always. Not having the option results in very poor call quality at my house. Unacceptable.

2. battery life is terrible - I have followed all the basics in trying to maintain good battery life (low brightness, push notes off, bluetooth on only when necessary, etc), but under normal use I have been almost completely draining the phone every day.

3. Siri is neat, but not very useful - of course, that only applies when it works. Asking Siri to dial a call or send a text or make a calendar entry takes only slightly longer to complete then if I did it manually. (this does not include the dictation mic on the keyboard) So, why bother?

4. Only my oldest of Jawbone headsets works properly with Siri.

5. Restoring from back up (twice) resulted in broken apps (that weren't broken on 4 w/ iOS5) and other wonky phone activities (keyboard popping up in Voicemail screen ?!). Had to restore and start phone as a "new phone", which fixed some problems, but not all and I'm STILL trying to get all my apps/info/settings right (same as my 4).

I will admit I do like how fast the camera takes a pic...and they are really nice pics. The video stabilization is groovy too... but apps opening only slightly faster and a nice camera do not make up for all of the problems I am having. My 4 worked perfectly, if my 4S worked like my 4, I would be completely happy.

I'm real sad about it....but I'm going to take it back.

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone, but the responses here are pretty impressive. I expected that from the Applefans who had older ones, but the new converts seem to like it too. My wife is due for an upgrade for her Motodroid, so that's what she wants. We'll have relatively new iMac, iPad2, now iPhone 4s. I think Apple is getting back the money from us we witheld all those years.:D

gbonham

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
My first iPhone. I've been waiting for it to come to Sprint and now the wait has finally ended. Now I can stop contemplating switching carriers.:D

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get a chance to vote, but would have voted 'no'....I'm real sad about it....but I'm going to take it back.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I suspect reasons 1 & 2 are related and probably explain why #3 (Siri) doesn't work as often as it should. And there's no arguing against the fact that your personal set of accessories and apps don't transfer to the 4S well. That is unfortunate for you.

However, I disagree that "Asking Siri to dial a call or send a text or make a calendar entry takes only slightly longer to complete then if I did it manually." I find all those things significantly faster to do with Siri. For example:

Manually: press home button, swipe to turn on screen, click Messages icon, start new message, find person you want to text (multiple clicks and/or scrolling), type out message, send.

Siri: long click home button, say "send message to my brother that I'll be 15 minutes late", wait for Siri to read message back and ask for confirmation, say "yes".

Calendar entries, reminders, timers, alarms and new notes all go much faster with Siri. And then there are searches, calculations, conversions...the list will grow longer as Apple includes connections to other apps & services.

Of course all this is moot if you don't have a reliable network connection. But for those of us who do have near-constant access too 3G or WiFi, Siri is going to be a significant time saver.

folgrz

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a blackberry 9800 and I am extremely happy with the purchase. I still have my blackberry for work usage but I'm surprised I waited so long to get my self into the apple world

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
YESSSSS I'm in love with 4s.

:D:)I just got my 4s two days ago, I had 3gs when it came out I have been waitting for the 4s and now i got one i'm loving it. I gave the 3gs to the wife. I show her what the 4s can do, now she wanted to trade my 4gs for her 3gs, gust what I told her helll no. Now she's mad at me. gust I have to get her one for Christmass. I'm thinking about selling the 3gs 32G???. Yesssss I love the 4s been playing with it. Just waitting for the jaikbreak:):):D:D, teather or unteather for 4s,:( don't care witch on.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Just got it yesterday, and man i'm glad I did. I had the 3gs before and was going to hold out until the 5 but one visit to the AT&T store and I was suckered into getting it :eek:. But Im happy with it, its a big difference from the 3gs! guess ill just wait for the 5s then :D:D:D:D

Balooz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple says " I'll be happy."
First Apple anything. Sprint 64 gig White (Don't like the white)
Moving from Webos to IOS. Not sure what to think yet!:confused:

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Returning my 4S. Great phone, but so was the 4. Speed difference is negligable. My 4 took great pictures. Siri is cool, but I feel like a dope talking to my phone. I just dont see it becoming a feature that I will use that often. Going to wait on the 5 or see what Ice Cream Sandwhich is all about.

If you have a 3GS this is a huge upgrade, if you have a 4, not so much.

flybub

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
It's a solid device no question about it! I came from Android (HTC Incredible) and if I had to do it all over again I would have waited to see the Nexus Prime. I used my upgrade on the 4s so if i want the Prime I would have to sell the 4s outright. All in all it's a great device, fantastic battery life, great looking apps, easy to use. I do miss tinkering with Android though.

doitlarge

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
left verizon for iphone 3G on at&t when first introduced..left at&t due to coverage/dropping call issues..back to verizon with blackberry tour then OG Droid, Droid X and now iphone 4s..will never leave apple again!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234