Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

Voters
641. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

591 92.20%
  • No

50 7.80%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

Overall, happy.

There could be more native support for more features, like android allows.
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version
    iOS 5

LOVE IT! Having some iOS 5 issues with notification, I want to be able to turn off notifications for one of my 2 email accounts, but doesn't seem to be a way to do that
    iPhone Nanite

Default Its ok

I'm happy I guess. But i wish i didn't sell my Bold 9900 for it.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts

I switched from AT&T iPhone 4 to Verizon 4S...needless to say my wife and I are very happy. Siri is my new best friend!
    iPhone Nanite

Smile Loven my IPhone 4S

Love my new phone,
    very responsive, great Camera, and Siri is my best friend now!!!!!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,332 Global Posts

I'm loving my new iPhone. My last iPhone was the 3GS and when I had gotten it, I was not as impressed as I am with the 4S.

I'm still a proud CrackBerry user though ahahahaha. My Bold 9900 and iPhone 4S compliment one another very well.
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by wbeem View Post
    Siri is mostly for fun right now, but I'm slowly learning how to integrate it into my workflow. I played with dictation to reply to messages & Facebook. It does very well learning words, though I need to know if I can get it to include punctuation.
    I dictate the punctuation: "new line" "period" "comma", etc. I usually say "new note" and Siri starts dictation on the Notes app. You can then open up that file and dictate by clicking on the microphone icon. I'm not good at dictating anything more than 2-3 sentences at one go. Once I'm done I can copy the entire note and paste it anywhere I want. You can email directly from the note, but I'm surprised there's no option to tweet it yet.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Went from a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate to the iPhone 4s and DEFINITELY glad I made the switch..

Helps that I own an iPad and my daughter an iPod touch, and my wife an iPhone 4
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS5

I've noticed greatly improved cell reception. I could never, ever get 3G at my house (and my reception is so poor AT&T gave me a free microcell) but now I get. Couple bars of 3G. Yesterday I was way out in small town boonies, far from a major road, and had a bar or two of 3G where previously I'd had no service at all.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

Yep, happy, happy!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

I love my new IPhone!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I was happy enough when I bought it Friday, but now I'm happy again now that I found AirPlay mirroring. Cool feature!
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version
    iOS 5

Former webos user here. After about 12 years in the Palm OS world(s) I have come to IOS. So far I'm liking it. webos had some things about it that were better. IOS has some things that are better too. Like apps. Like Siri. I asked it to add an appointment in 155 days and it did it first time out. What a great tool! Looking forward to getting to know it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts

I love it...i better since I sold my iPhone 4
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,185 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 Beta 3

Happy with mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Absolutely love my new phone!! Just got the 4s(haven't changed devices in profile yet) I had a couple of android phones b4 this and the original bb storm. Have always wanted an iPhone and finally have acquired it! So stoked!
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Got mine Friday after two years of Android. I love Android for the customization and freedom it gives you, but I just got burnt out on it and wanted a phone that "just works" straight out the box..
    iPhone Intermediate

Very very happy.. such a wonderful phone.. thanks Steve !
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,165 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I notice 5 "not happy" votes, but not a single explanation why...what gives? Was it a vote just to be different? Why not explain what the phone does or does not do that makes you unhappy with your purchase?
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Even though I know that the guts of the 4S have been upgraded, I can't really seem to notice a big difference in performance between it and the 4. Maybe I'll grow to appreciate it more in the future but for now, I'm not very impressed.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I notice 5 "not happy" votes, but not a single explanation why...what gives? Was it a vote just to be different? Why not explain what the phone does or does not do that makes you unhappy with your purchase?
    I was thinking the same thing last night while looking over the results of the poll so far. It would be nice to include a reason for not liking it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS6

I got mine Friday also and I am extremely pleased! I woke up at 4:30am and I was at the mall by 5am. I was the 20th person on line, but the Apple store had so many employess setting the phones up that it was quick and easy as everything Apple should be. Im thrilled, and going from a iPhone 3g to a Palm Pre, then to an Evo, and now to the 4s, I ask myself when i ever changed. iOS is so smooth, fast, and fluid, it makes everything else seem choppy and slow. Ive been bit by the Apple bug once again.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I actually returned mine today. I talked myself into upgrading from my iPhone 4 (and getting caught up in the hype) but I knew that I shouldn't have. The 4S features were not a compelling enough reason for me to upgrade and justify locking myself into a two year contract and paying $300 for the 32gb. I'm happy with my iPhone 4 and staying off contract which I have been for about a year now.
    iPhone 5S - iPad Air - MacBook Pro 13" - ATV3

+ Romans 8:28 +
    Miktro#IM likes this.

Global Posts
    5,833 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Very happy with mine as well. It even seems faster than my iPad2 which I'm fairly sure isn't true. I never thought the iPhone4 was slow, but the speed difference is amazing.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Quote Originally Posted by diggity View Post
    I was happy enough when I bought it Friday, but now I'm happy again now that I found AirPlay mirroring. Cool feature!
    Can you use AirPlay on the iPad 1 or is that only a iPad2 feature?
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast