Happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

Are you happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

• Total voters

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am on the fence. I thought the phone browser had tabbed browser, but that is for the iPad. I miss the app drawer concept of Android. I can not find Reader, on any web page, and Apple says,"You can open the Camera app right from the Lock screen", I do not have the Camera icon on my lock screen.

I will mess with it/study it then make up my mind.
Really like the iMessage app.

I can not find my pictures on my computer, Apple site says, "C:\Users\Apple\Pictures\Photo Stream\My Photo Stream", but it is not on my computer.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Happy so far. Still not sure why I felt the need to get one since I already had a 4, but what's done is done. Siri is pretty cool. It definitely raises the bar for voice recognition on phones. Looking very forward to seeing the one up responses from the competition.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy! Coming from a 3GS, I've had a couple days to play with iOS5 on that phone and yesterday, the iPad. I think if I had started off with the new phone with no exposure to iOS5 that would have been incredible! Then, since mine was the last iPhone off the truck (the UPS guy laughed as he told me) it was dark by the time I finally had it restored. I got activated on the second try- so virtually right away. Siri worked for me once I figured out how to turn her on! She has a little trouble understanding me. I got to make my first Face Time call- thought I was going to die laughing! I'm annoyed that I can't transfer ten paid-for ringtones off the 3GS. Maybe I should figure out how to make my own.

Now today I'm venturing out to beyond Edge- I probably won't get to enjoy the phone/network aspects of the new phone at all. But I'm taking pictures!!

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
After a paltry 3.5 hour wait to activate (where some of the enthusiasm wore off quickly), I am now a happy boy! Love the phone. Fast and I really like that part. The camera rocks and Siri is going be fun to learn how to get the best use from.

Wish the physical design had changed, but the internal changes rock!

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
After a paltry 3.5 hour wait to activate (where some of the enthusiasm wore off quickly), I am now a happy boy! Love the phone. Fast and I really like that part. The camera rocks and Siri is going be fun to learn how to get the best use from.

Wish the physical design had changed, but the internal changes rock!

The activation wait would probably have been worse for me if I wasn't able to play with Macbooks while waiting. That made it pretty much painless. I had nothing else to do and nowhere else to go during that time. I was just happy that I was able to use my gift certificate and get it for the subsidized price, adding it as a second phone and getting to deactivate the EVO with a not very high $140 ETF for the EVO. Better deal than I would've gotten with any Android phone.

Still learning my way around. By the way, in case anyone didn't know, the Opera Mini Browser is available for free in the App Store. I'm ecstatic. This phone is awesome.

v6mikey

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Very happy with mine. 1st iphone for me.

One very minor niggle is the screen size. Coming from an HD2 with a 4.2 screen to a 3.5 (very nice screen though) is a small let down. I was excited about the rumours for the iphone 5 and a 4 inch screen.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Dictation is very accurate. I use "new line", "period", "comma", etc. to avoid run-on sentences or confusion. Like everyone else, I'm going to familiarize myself with Siri & the camera. Both are brilliant!

LocoStrange

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I am happy. This is a huge upgrade to my 3GS. Once I got to having about 8 apps open, the phone would lag, but I had over 16 yesterday without any problems.

RobActivatesiOS5

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Ecstatic

I'm so glad I made this purchase.. I craigslisted a 32GB white one for AT&T and couldn't be more excited. This is coming from someone who had an iPhone 4 before also. It is just an amazing phone! It's great to finally have that dictation feature for texting, and a much more accurate camera (my reason for upgrading). Definitely worth it.

datboicastro

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to iphone coming from BB. I really like the 4s but miss my trackpad. I am having trouble touching exactly where I want to edit my text. Hopefully, I will get better with practice.

You can tap and hold over the word with your finger and a magnify glass will pop up. And you can put it exactly where you want to edit or delete text

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah this iPhone is pretty much amazing. People get hung up on the case and say that it is not a new phone. But if you look under the hood and combine that with new software and better hardware it is a NEW iPhone. No one complains that the BMW M3 has looked the same for the last few years. What something is iconic and already has an amazing design why not keep using it.

gostillerz

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I went from a Straight Talk thing to this, so I'm pretty damn happy. I get a UPS employee discount through Sprint, so this is only costing me around $15 more per month :D

drew1964

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Got mine Fri and then headed to the mall to get a Zagg protector put on. Finally activated it today. Did it thru icloud with my old iphone 4 backup. It is still loading up some of the apps but overall everything got restored and it even kept the folders I had made for the apps. I had some trouble with siri at times with in not responding. I did find out it wont read e mails since i asked it. It will tell me how many i have and show them but says cant read them. Was able to send text and e mail with it. THere is an app that I had found that will read your mail as well as calender, and news feeds. Its called voice brief. Overall like the update.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm thrilled with my purchase. It just feels so much faster than my iPhone 4. The camera is amazing. And Siri is fantastic. Plus i went from a black 32gb to a white 64gb. The extra storage is so nice to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711