Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

Voters
641. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

591 92.20%
  • No

50 7.80%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
    iPhone Intermediate

Dictation is very accurate. I use "new line", "period", "comma", etc. to avoid run-on sentences or confusion. Like everyone else, I'm going to familiarize myself with Siri & the camera. Both are brilliant!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Yes, I am happy. This is a huge upgrade to my 3GS. Once I got to having about 8 apps open, the phone would lag, but I had over 16 yesterday without any problems.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

its awesome ive never seen a phone like that before
    iPhone Newbie

Default Ecstatic

I'm so glad I made this purchase.. I craigslisted a 32GB white one for AT&T and couldn't be more excited. This is coming from someone who had an iPhone 4 before also. It is just an amazing phone! It's great to finally have that dictation feature for texting, and a much more accurate camera (my reason for upgrading). Definitely worth it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I am very satisfied with all features and upgraded hardware
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roses5682 View Post
    I'm new to iphone coming from BB. I really like the 4s but miss my trackpad. I am having trouble touching exactly where I want to edit my text. Hopefully, I will get better with practice.
    You can tap and hold over the word with your finger and a magnify glass will pop up. And you can put it exactly where you want to edit or delete text
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #57  
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Not a single vote yet for "not happy". That's pretty impressive.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Love it, Siri really makes it!
    iPhone Pro

Yeah this iPhone is pretty much amazing. People get hung up on the case and say that it is not a new phone. But if you look under the hood and combine that with new software and better hardware it is a NEW iPhone. No one complains that the BMW M3 has looked the same for the last few years. What something is iconic and already has an amazing design why not keep using it.
    @SinCityMac on twitter
    Hardware: iPhone 4S 16gig black
    Macbook Pro
    iPad Mini 16gig wi-fi
    iPhone Nanite

I went from a Straight Talk thing to this, so I'm pretty damn happy. I get a UPS employee discount through Sprint, so this is only costing me around $15 more per month
    iPhone Newbie

Got mine Fri and then headed to the mall to get a Zagg protector put on. Finally activated it today. Did it thru icloud with my old iphone 4 backup. It is still loading up some of the apps but overall everything got restored and it even kept the folders I had made for the apps. I had some trouble with siri at times with in not responding. I did find out it wont read e mails since i asked it. It will tell me how many i have and show them but says cant read them. Was able to send text and e mail with it. THere is an app that I had found that will read your mail as well as calender, and news feeds. Its called voice brief. Overall like the update.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm thrilled with my purchase. It just feels so much faster than my iPhone 4. The camera is amazing. And Siri is fantastic. Plus i went from a black 32gb to a white 64gb. The extra storage is so nice to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giraffes are people too.
    Tip the scales... you know you want to.
    15" Retina MBP 2.6GHz / 512GB
    Game Center ID: Brenden
    iPhone Nanite

1st time iphone user ever ! have no idea wat is going on in this phone!!!!!
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Ecstatic with my iPhone 4S. Love seeing the word "Sprint" in the upper left hand corner.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

The 4S is my fourth iPhone and I still love everything about it!
    iMore Beginner

I can't believe how much faster my 4s is compared to my 4.....yeah was hoping for a bigger screen but I just went with a white phone instead of another black one so it seems "newer"
    64gig Black iPhone 5
    32gig Black New iPad wifi
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,501 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It's definitely faster than my iPhone 4 was. I am not overly impressed with the camera so far, the pics seem duller (due to IR filter?) than my iPhone 4 pics were. It seems to not focus well either.

It definitely takes better low light pics though. f2.4 is niiice.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.
    Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4GHz i7, 12GB RAM on OSX Mavericks GM
    iPhone 6 128GB Slate
    iPad 16GB Wifi (3rd gen)
    ATV3
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    iOS 5

Mmmmm.... still deciding. Love Apple and apple products, and this is my 4th iPhone... upgraded to 4s mainly for Siri which isnt blowing me away yet but i am reserving judgement for now as i am sure the servers are getting hammered.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by chrstdvd View Post
    I am on the fence. I thought the phone browser had tabbed browser, but that is for the iPad. I miss the app drawer concept of Android. I can not find Reader, on any web page, and Apple says,"You can open the Camera app right from the Lock screen", I do not have the Camera icon on my lock screen.

I will mess with it/study it then make up my mind.
    Really like the iMessage app.

I can not find my pictures on my computer, Apple site says, "C:\Users\Apple\Pictures\Photo Stream\My Photo Stream", but it is not on my computer.
    To use the camera from the lock screen you have to double tap the home button and it will appear. The "reader" function for web pages appears in the address bar when you click on a link to a story. It is a really sweet feature.
    ame
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts

So far yes, I haven't done a lot with it but speed is a win. I do need to test the camera more. I don't want crappier pics that are just bigger lol
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

HELLZ YEAS!!!! I'm so happy!
    Sports Dad

iPhone 5 32GB At&t
    iPad2 white 16GB
    Macbook Pro
    Apple TV 2nd generation
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    3,806 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Very pleased. I was skeptical at first, but this outshines my i4. I'm most impressed with the speed and smoothness. The camera is awesome. I told my son and he didn't believe me, so we both took a pic of a plant on the coffee table, he with his i4, me with mine. There was no comparison, mine was so much clearer and defined. I love the notifications in iOS5, and Siri is too cool.
    iPhone 5
    iPad Mini
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Very happy, the battery is a little different then what I am used to but I love this phone!
    iMore Nanite

Yes, I'm happy. I kept the iPhone 3Gs and skipped the 4, so this is a pretty drastic upgrade for me. The speed is much better, both in terms of processing and 3G performance. The screen is nice, but seems a bit more difficult to read outdoors than the 3Gs.

The camera is a huge improvement over the 3Gs, both for stills and HD video recording. I bumped up to 64GB on this one, so I'll have room for HD video.

Siri is mostly for fun right now, but I'm slowly learning how to integrate it into my workflow. I played with dictation to reply to messages & Facebook. It does very well learning words, though I need to know if I can get it to include punctuation.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

Smile

Happy? ABSOLUTELY! Not counting the mistaken delivery of my new iP4S, to someone else by UPS, resulting in a delivery delay. I've been using a 4th Gen iPod Touch for about a year, so the learning curve was more of a flat one, for me, with this, my first smart phone. So far, battery life is probably going to be 48 to 72 hours, as I'm trying to watch my 2 gig data plan and using 3G minimally, at least for the first month. Most places I visit have wifi, anyway. So, no complaints for now.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast