Happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

Are you happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?

• Total voters

elitegamer767

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Tbh I ain't happy I preferred my iPhone 4 definently never had any issues compared to this I have swapped my 4S 3 times now first time my camera was dodgy second time my calls weren't connecting properly without putting it on loudspeaker first :/ and this time my foooookin home button isnt working when pressed? Lol

Sent from my ? iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My second 4S is now one month old and I am still 100% satisfied with it. More so since jailbreaking it. Returning my first 4S to wait for the Factory Unlocked version from Apple was worth it for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Parry

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded from 3GS, was a bit confused between 4S & Galaxy Note.

But am happy, stuck with Apple. The feel of 4S in your hands is way off than holding any other device.

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I am happy with my 4s. This is my first Apple phone, but I've been following Android and Apple devices closely the last two years waiting to get off my BlackBerry contract. I have not been disappointed!

To anyone who says that the battery life in the 4s is "terrible", my response is that there is something wrong with the setup on your phone. Turn down the brightness a little bit, and check to see if push notifications and location services are activated for 40 different apps that don't need them. Obviously, if those processes are running all day, your battery will drain faster. I only have Bluetooth on when I needed (which, admittedly, it would've been nice if they made it easier for you to turn it on and off). If you can't get through a workday on a single charge, then something is wrong. I basically charge the phone every night and the charge lasts the whole day. On some occasions, if I've been doing a ton of browsing or gaming where the screen stays on, then maybe I need to recharge it again. Really not a big deal.

I could see where an iPhone 4 user might have used an upgrade on this (or even, worse, paid the non-subsidized amount to get a 4s early) and feel betrayed. But I don't have that perspective. I came from a completely different phone, so the Apple ecosystem and hardware are new to me, and I love them.

Having said that, Siri does very little to me, and really can't be considered a "selling point" for the phone. The software is an "alpha" or "beta" at best, and Apple doesn't allow it to do commonsense things with your phone that you'd LIKE it to do. Huge potential there if they continue to work with it, but not there yet.

This is a great phone and operating system. I'm fairly confident I'll still be happy with it a year from now. And there are some common sense fixes they can make to the OS in future updates (photo stream, email mgmt, etc.) that would help even further.

betty_midd

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone mentioned how less impressive this phone would be if it wasn't for iPhone accessories? I think these accessories are what makes this phone being more than just a phone, even a smartphone. The mere phone is like a foundation of a building, it just gives it support, but only with additional stuff this phone shows its full uniqueness and glory, don't you think?

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered my iPhone 4s today and hope that I'll get it on Friday..Right now I'm on Android but everything works so much better on iOS IMO

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to be happy getting one and keep trying to be because of the small things I enjoy about it. But there are a lot of frustrating things about how limited it is, and annoyingly constrained ways of doing things are. All of that is starting to eat away at me and I am starting to get over the honeymoon effect. I have had it for 8 or 9 days now and am debating returning it within my 14 day grace period.
Here are my observations in no particular order:

:D My Pros:
1. Insanely fast email
2. Highly Accurate and very smooth Keyboard
3. streamlined auto correct works well
4. VERY smooth touchscreen
5. Premium solid feel makes me happy every time I hold it
6. White to Black for night reading is very nice on the eyes
7. Polished aesthetic UI with its cool little effects here and there.
:( My Cons:
1. Headphones sound muffled and like the highs are not clear enough
2. Emailing is a PITA with no way of adding attachments once in an email:confused: why the heck can I only select 5 pics to email but can select way more to mms wtf? Also pics are then forced into the body of my email which is not what I want.
3. Volume doesn't change on the fly it takes a few sec to catch up
4. No Navigation integrated to the best search engine/maps ever Google
5. No Google Reviews for places when searched in the Google Maps App(I love reviews)
6. No In app menus with lots of options like Android has is a big bummer for me
7. No Individual Sound volume adjustment in a menu somewhere
8. Cant turn Vibrate off for certain things like Alarm Clock, its all or nothing(stupid)
9. Apps take much longer to download than with my previous android for some reason
10. Inability to tell which number someone text me from if they have multiple numbers in my contacts list
11. Unable to tell if phone is charging properly without getting up and pushing a button due to no notification led(helpful at night when going to bed)
12. No Text Re-wrap on zoom is a huge negative
13. NO SD CARD is a design flaw imo
14. NO BACK BUTTON is highly annoying. I have managed to work my way into a corner a few times and without the ability to put my "car in reverse" so to speak I cant just back up but instead need to go all the way back to the home screen and all the way back to where I was:mad:
15. PRICE There is a reason that Apple is making the most profit of anybody and its because they charge ridiculous amounts for everything and never give their trusty customer a break. wow I'm starting to sound more ticked off the more I type lol. I would love to like the phone but its too hard to.

iRetired

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Totally satisfied. Extremely delirious. It is everything I ever wanted in a such a well-crafted communication device.

Fluid UI, insanely fast, no glitches.

Previously dabbled in WinMo (XV6600, 6700, 6800, 6950, Omnia 1/2), then became a crackberry addict (Curve, Bold, Storm1/2) then a droid ( Moto Droid X) guru. Now there's no other.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ruger141, although I am very happy with my iPhone 4S purchase, I cannot in good faith disagree with the cons you posted. In my opinion, you were on-point with your assessment.

Just Me, D

Reactions: ruger141

KarenMillen lady

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I am happy with my purchase

I had my iphone online actually, I like shopping online, coz the items online is relatively cheap. I did lots of research before my purchase. Almost all of my clothes were bought online, I esp like dresses, all my dresses were purchased online. I am a happy online purchaser.

PhilipJohn

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I love my iPhone 4S, I've had every version since the first one, and each one keeps getting better and better, (obviously). I think my favorite feature is actually the video stabilization feature when you are filming, although I use Siri more.

jkmasi

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Like Ruger141 I have mixed feelings. My pros and cons list is almost identical to his.

I love how smooth and responsive the screen is, and typing on it is a breeze. I can type nearly error free on the 4s keyboard, but constantly make mistakes on my Razr Maxx. Messaging and email, all good. Camera is excellent. 4s just feels good in the hand, and Siri is cute.

ON the other hand, not having text wrap in the browser is really horrible, and the screen is too small. Included turn-by-turn navigation on my Razr Maxx and other androids is great, and I like the way places works better in android. I prefer android notification bar, leds, etc to the iphones banners and alerts, and I like some widgets.

Right now, I'm using my Razr Maxx, but I find myself missing my iPhone. However, the minute I activate my iphone, I'll start missing my android.

I know - there are more important things to worry about.

Knott

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, very happy. Had an HTC Hero & took it back after only 3 weeks. It was slow & the battery lasted for onlt 6-8 hours.
My new Iphone 4S rocks!!! Battery is good for 14-16 hours & is faster than greassed lightning. This is my first Apple product ever. It may convert me to a Mac computer.