View Poll Results: Are you happy with your iPhone 4S purchase?
- 641. You may not vote on this poll
- 01-18-2012, 05:08 PM #326
- 01-19-2012, 08:31 AM #327
- 01-19-2012, 07:58 PM #328
- 01-19-2012, 08:50 PM #329
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.467846,-118.812792
- 01-20-2012, 11:42 AM #330
This is my first Apple device. Love it. Came from BlackBerry, and I don't know how RIM is going to stay in business much longer. I've been telling my friends, "It's like going from a Model T to a Ferrari!"
There are some little things that bug me, but overall definitely worth it!
- 01-23-2012, 09:26 AM #331
- 01-23-2012, 02:14 PM #332
- 01-27-2012, 01:14 PM #333
- 01-27-2012, 02:16 PM #335
- 01-31-2012, 02:19 PM #336
I have to say that I'm very happy with the 4S. While I've been using Apple products for a few years, this is my first iPhone.
For the past few years, I'd been using Android phones. While there are things about Android that I like compared to the iPhone, I'm much happier with the iPhone.
Battery life has been fine for me. I can get through a day with both Bluetooth and WiFi on, listening to podcasts a couple of hours a day, phone calls, some games, downloading new podcasts, web surfing, and have more than 50% battery life left when I get home. With my last Android phone, it would be down to 28% battery about halfway through the day - and that's with an extended battery, no downloading, and no gaming. (Actually, none of my Android phones got this kind of battery life.)
It took me a while to pull the trigger on the 4S. Ultimately, I just got tired of carrying two devices (a Touch and my Android) in order to have both a phone and a media device.
Currently, it's a stock, unlocked phone (jailbreaking isn't out of the question) running on T-Mobile.
- 02-01-2012, 03:11 PM #337
I am more than satisfied with mine. The 4S is completely different from any previous versions. Its upgrades blew my mind. Love everything about it except the battery, it could be a bit better. And not to mention endless list of accessories available out there. Recently I've bought Fostex Audio Interface I in the studio. It is just perfect. Would recommend it to all.
- 02-02-2012, 10:52 PM #338iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
I just switched from android and so far I can't say I am having any second thoughts about the switch. I thought the smaller screen size and lack of widgets or customization out of box would annoy me, but after using the 4S I have found so much I really enjoy. The whole OS seems more fluid and smooth. It doesn't lag on me and everything just seems snappy. The keyboard is better than anything I used on android in my opinion and apps that I had on my android devices just look and work better, at least to me, on IOS. My only complaint so far is finding a good app for Gmail. I have been trying the official app and it's just okay. If anyone has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.
- 02-03-2012, 08:36 AM #339
- 02-05-2012, 03:27 PM #340
- 02-05-2012, 05:04 PM #341
Tbh I ain't happy I preferred my iPhone 4 definently never had any issues compared to this I have swapped my 4S 3 times now first time my camera was dodgy second time my calls weren't connecting properly without putting it on loudspeaker first :/ and this time my foooookin home button isnt working when pressed? Lol
Sent from my ? iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ?
- 02-06-2012, 05:56 AM #342
My second 4S is now one month old and I am still 100% satisfied with it. More so since jailbreaking it. Returning my first 4S to wait for the Factory Unlocked version from Apple was worth it for me.
Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
- 02-06-2012, 12:05 PM #343
- 02-06-2012, 03:11 PM #344
Yes, I am happy with my 4s. This is my first Apple phone, but I've been following Android and Apple devices closely the last two years waiting to get off my BlackBerry contract. I have not been disappointed!
To anyone who says that the battery life in the 4s is "terrible", my response is that there is something wrong with the setup on your phone. Turn down the brightness a little bit, and check to see if push notifications and location services are activated for 40 different apps that don't need them. Obviously, if those processes are running all day, your battery will drain faster. I only have Bluetooth on when I needed (which, admittedly, it would've been nice if they made it easier for you to turn it on and off). If you can't get through a workday on a single charge, then something is wrong. I basically charge the phone every night and the charge lasts the whole day. On some occasions, if I've been doing a ton of browsing or gaming where the screen stays on, then maybe I need to recharge it again. Really not a big deal.
I could see where an iPhone 4 user might have used an upgrade on this (or even, worse, paid the non-subsidized amount to get a 4s early) and feel betrayed. But I don't have that perspective. I came from a completely different phone, so the Apple ecosystem and hardware are new to me, and I love them.
Having said that, Siri does very little to me, and really can't be considered a "selling point" for the phone. The software is an "alpha" or "beta" at best, and Apple doesn't allow it to do commonsense things with your phone that you'd LIKE it to do. Huge potential there if they continue to work with it, but not there yet.
This is a great phone and operating system. I'm fairly confident I'll still be happy with it a year from now. And there are some common sense fixes they can make to the OS in future updates (photo stream, email mgmt, etc.) that would help even further.
- 02-07-2012, 12:57 PM #345
- 02-08-2012, 06:43 AM #346
Has anyone mentioned how less impressive this phone would be if it wasn't for iPhone accessories? I think these accessories are what makes this phone being more than just a phone, even a smartphone. The mere phone is like a foundation of a building, it just gives it support, but only with additional stuff this phone shows its full uniqueness and glory, don't you think?
- 02-08-2012, 03:51 PM #347
- 02-08-2012, 09:42 PM #348
- 02-09-2012, 10:06 PM #349
I wanted to be happy getting one and keep trying to be because of the small things I enjoy about it. But there are a lot of frustrating things about how limited it is, and annoyingly constrained ways of doing things are. All of that is starting to eat away at me and I am starting to get over the honeymoon effect. I have had it for 8 or 9 days now and am debating returning it within my 14 day grace period.
Here are my observations in no particular order:
1. Insanely fast email
2. Highly Accurate and very smooth Keyboard
3. streamlined auto correct works well
4. VERY smooth touchscreen
5. Premium solid feel makes me happy every time I hold it
6. White to Black for night reading is very nice on the eyes
7. Polished aesthetic UI with its cool little effects here and there.
1. Headphones sound muffled and like the highs are not clear enough
2. Emailing is a PITA with no way of adding attachments once in an email why the heck can I only select 5 pics to email but can select way more to mms wtf? Also pics are then forced into the body of my email which is not what I want.
3. Volume doesn't change on the fly it takes a few sec to catch up
4. No Navigation integrated to the best search engine/maps ever Google
5. No Google Reviews for places when searched in the Google Maps App(I love reviews)
6. No In app menus with lots of options like Android has is a big bummer for me
7. No Individual Sound volume adjustment in a menu somewhere
8. Cant turn Vibrate off for certain things like Alarm Clock, its all or nothing(stupid)
9. Apps take much longer to download than with my previous android for some reason
10. Inability to tell which number someone text me from if they have multiple numbers in my contacts list
11. Unable to tell if phone is charging properly without getting up and pushing a button due to no notification led(helpful at night when going to bed)
12. No Text Re-wrap on zoom is a huge negative
13. NO SD CARD is a design flaw imo
14. NO BACK BUTTON is highly annoying. I have managed to work my way into a corner a few times and without the ability to put my "car in reverse" so to speak I cant just back up but instead need to go all the way back to the home screen and all the way back to where I was
15. PRICE There is a reason that Apple is making the most profit of anybody and its because they charge ridiculous amounts for everything and never give their trusty customer a break. wow I'm starting to sound more ticked off the more I type lol. I would love to like the phone but its too hard to.
- 02-09-2012, 11:25 PM #350