Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Question Battery Life?

Coming from Android my main concern is battery life. How will the battery life be on the iPhone 4S? How should I be running things as far as e-mails go and such things (Push, etc...)?
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

I hear the battery life will be very good. Of course your milage will vary depending on how you use your phone and how the strong the network signal is where you are.
    One battery saving tip that helps me a lot is putting it on airplane mode when I'm in places with zero reception, saves a ton of battery life.
    Also, you should drain it all the way then charge it up at least once a month. I think there's an article somewhere on this website about that...
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Let me just zip back to the future so I can do some extensive testing on my 4S for you...

Lol
     iPhone 4 32GB
     MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
     iPad 2 16GB
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

It will probably be similar to the i4 if not better.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

As always, it depends on what you do.

If you're playing games like Infinity Blade for hours at a time, it probably won't last long.

If you're just listening to music, making some calls, some web browsing, etc... it'll probably last 18 to 20 hours on a single charge.

If you manage your active apps and close the ones you're not using, it'll last longer of course.

If you have every app on your iPhone running in the program manager, then it's going to go down fast.

Double-Click that Home Button and close the stuff you're not using!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I can tell you this with certainty...a current/former Android owner need not worry about battery life on the iPhone.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    mab4285 likes this.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    iOS Version

How should I set up my email settings? Should I have push on or turn it off and fetch manually? I apologize in advance if this is repetitive
    iPhone Beginner

On a related note (sort of) coming from 3GS, will I notice any difference in battery life on the 4S?

At least a little bit, I hope?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,218 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I've got three accounts on push email, along with my corporate exchange pushing my calendar and reminders, and battery life is a non-issue on my 4. I'm guessing it will be pretty similar if not better on the 4S. Like others have said, if you're coming from Android, it's a non-issue. Battery life (or lack thereof) is the reason I left Android and waited until the iPhone 4S came out for Sprint.

Now if you were coming from Blackberry, that would be a different story....but it is still respectable. I easily can get through a day and a half without worrying about plugging in on my 4.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmysuggs View Post
    On a related note (sort of) coming from 3GS, will I notice any difference in battery life on the 4S?

At least a little bit, I hope?
    Uhhhh, YES. You will be HAPPY by the battery life increase from the 3GS to the 4/4S.
    iPhone Beginner

my 4 was great. I could do a fair amount of surfing, have email pushed from 2 accounts every 15 minutes and text constantly and last 1.5 - 2 days.