Battery Life

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
so i've been reading about the battery life optimization. now i'm wondering if the 10 hours that's possible for the phone is only under these condition. what if i keep my push email on all the time and data retrieval on all the time, how much will that affect the 10 hour reported time? i'm sure i'm not the only one that needs/wants data to be always on and push email to be always on so i'm wondering for those iphone4 users, how has that affected their battery life? thanks.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If you have data on all the time you most likely won't see the 10 hours. Nobody is sure exactly what you will see because it depends on a lot of factors but I am sure you will be able to easily make it through a day with data and push email on all the time.

hournet562

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
If you just do the regular stuff like check emails every once and a while and surf the web for a little bit than you should be fine. Use wifi to get better battery life.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
for anyone that has the verizon iphone, are you able to turn off data and leave other functions of the phone open like texts and calls? i know that's doable in android but not sure with iphone. my main draw for switching is the battery life. i hate seeing 20% at the end of the day because what if i have to go elsewhere?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
for anyone that has the verizon iphone, are you able to turn off data and leave other functions of the phone open like texts and calls? i know that's doable in android but not sure with iphone. my main draw for switching is the battery life. i hate seeing 20% at the end of the day because what if i have to go elsewhere?

How long are your days? Can you not charge it if you are that worried about it? When I had an iphone 4 on Verizon it easily made it through a day with atleast 30% left when I went to bed and that would be with alot of texting, checking web, emails etc.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The reviews have hit and here's one excerpt from thisismynext. Everything I've read from people who've tested both iPhones and Android phones indicate that the iPhone has the best battery life among all smartphones.
Even after a heavy day of use (about 16 hours of making calls, browsing, downloading apps, syncing, listening to music, game playing, and more), I still had juice on the phone when I plugged it in before bed. The 4S is more than capable of going through a full business day without needing a charge, and if you?re a lighter user, you?ll rarely have to worry about it.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The reviews have hit and here's one excerpt from thisismynext. Everything I've read from people who've tested both iPhones and Android phones indicate that the iPhone has the best battery life among all smartphones.

I find it hard to say among all smartphones. Not playing the blackberry fanboy card here but the 9700 had ridiculous battery life. Now the new 9900 is a different story. Lol

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I find it hard to say among all smartphones. Not playing the blackberry fanboy card here but the 9700 had ridiculous battery life. Now the new 9900 is a different story. Lol

I'm sure there are some Nokia Symbian smartphones that also have great battery life. But Nokia and Blackberry devices are not used the same way as iOS and Android devices. I doubt people use graphics intense apps, browse the 'net or watch much video on a 9700. I'm sure battery life would jump significantly if you cut out such usage on the iPhone.

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
10 hours is possible if you have absolutely no friends, no interests, no stock in any company, no interest in the weather, and absolutely hate the art of cinema.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
10 Hours is very possible if you are smart with turning certain things off and on when you need or don't need them. From fetching email, to location services, talking on Edge, using wifi instead of 3G. If you look at battery specs you will see.

Talking on Edge/2G
Using the net with WiFi - 10 hours is possible

Talking on 3G
Using the net with 3G - 6-8 hours is possible.

With battery doctor opened and my phone at 94%, its showing I can talk for 16 hours on 2G and surf the net for 10 hours and 20 min on wifi.

Josh

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the 9700 has the best battery life I've had, i4 runs second though. It's acceptable to me that my i4S battery isn't quite as good as my i4. I'll take the added horsepower and sacrifice a little battery life.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested to hear what you guys say about 4S battery life. My iPhone 4 could lose power pretty quick, but I was using a lot of features like push notifications and location services. Now, the iPad 2 is a different story. I can play on this thing all day and barely use 30% of my battery power. I can literally go 2 days without charging it, using it almost constantly.

I hope the 4S shares similar strength. I'd be anxious to know.

flatlined#IM

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
10 Hours is very possible if you are smart with turning certain things off and on when you need or don't need them. From fetching email, to location services, talking on Edge, using wifi instead of 3G. If you look at battery specs you will see.

Talking on Edge/2G
Using the net with WiFi - 10 hours is possible

Talking on 3G
Using the net with 3G - 6-8 hours is possible.

With battery doctor opened and my phone at 94%, its showing I can talk for 16 hours on 2G and surf the net for 10 hours and 20 min on wifi.

Josh

Is this the Battery Doctor App you use: App Store - Battery Doctor Free ?

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
The biggest single battery drain on the iPhone is the screen. You can easily add hours on to the battery lifetime by turning down the brightness and keeping auto brigjtness on. I keep my brightness at about 30-40% and easily make it through the day.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested to hear what you guys say about 4S battery life. My iPhone 4 could lose power pretty quick, but I was using a lot of features like push notifications and location services.

I hope the 4S shares similar strength. I'd be anxious to know.

so with your use, how many hours do you get? i'm hoping that i get at least 8 hours. i don't talk on the phone much so my main concern is with data flow from notifications, to push email, to news, etc. playing music doesn't seem to drain my battery as much so i'm not too concerned about that.