iPhone 4S graphics

ptb127

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
I read that the dual core A5 chip in the 4S will be able to process graphics 7x better then the iPhone 4, but does that mean anything for the day to day use of the phone. That would be my main question regarding this..I am not a hard core gamer on it.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I read that the dual core A5 chip in the 4S will be able to process graphics 7x better then the iPhone 4, but does that mean anything for the day to day use of the phone. That would be my main question regarding this..I am not a hard core gamer on it.

It would mean like graphics by, YouTube video and other things such as renderring pages. I think this makes up for iPhone not adding flash support.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It would mean like graphics by, YouTube video and other things such as renderring pages. I think this makes up for iPhone not adding flash support.

It won't effect YouTube videos. It might effect page rendering slightly but not really. Could possibly make HTML5 Canvas elements perform a little better, but that would also be due to the processor.

In real world use you'll see the difference in graphics with all the GPU-accelerated tasks that you perform using the phone. So for example when you open / leave apps, the animation will be a bit smoother (if possible). Opening folders may be a bit quicker. Other than that, you won't see much difference outside of games.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It won't effect YouTube videos. It might effect page rendering slightly but not really. Could possibly make HTML5 Canvas elements perform a little better, but that would also be due to the processor.

In real world use you'll see the difference in graphics with all the GPU-accelerated tasks that you perform using the phone. So for example when you open / leave apps, the animation will be a bit smoother (if possible). Opening folders may be a bit quicker. Other than that, you won't see much difference outside of games.

Yeah, it will affect the YouTube videos, they might be all blurry or blocky. The graphics are what fix those up into a clear picture.

dysfunction

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it will affect the YouTube videos, they might be all blurry or blocky. The graphics are what fix those up into a clear picture.

Err, no. Youtube videos will appear blurry and blocky for one or a few of several reasons:

1. You might not have selected high-quality on the video
2. You might be using the native Youtube app over 3G, which will not play high-quality (or at least didn't in the past, not sure now)
3. The video creator/uploader did not upload a very high-quality video

If the device does not have the processing power to play a high-quality video, it will not display it "blurry or blocky", it will just play it with lag. However even my 3GS does not really have a problem with this, the graphics accelerator was already fast enough to play anything short of 720p.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Err, no. Youtube videos will appear blurry and blocky for one or a few of several reasons:

1. You might not have selected high-quality on the video
2. You might be using the native Youtube app over 3G, which will not play high-quality (or at least didn't in the past, not sure now)
3. The video creator/uploader did not upload a very high-quality video

If the device does not have the processing power to play a high-quality video, it will not display it "blurry or blocky", it will just play it with lag. However even my 3GS does not really have a problem with this, the graphics accelerator was already fast enough to play anything short of 720p.

Ohp, yeah that would make sense. Alright I agree with you now. :)

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

Exactly right here, it'll be the same improvement we saw from the iPad 1 to the two. It really is a pretty noticeable thing in comparing the two side by side. My graphic heavy apps opened and loaded twice if not even faster than his. The a5 is worth just upgrading right their. It's great.

tapatalk on iPad 2
Apple lover
Best buy employee

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73