Buyers remorse!

pokey318

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, not remorse really, just wondering if I ordered the right phone. I currently have the iPhone 3g 8GB that I have had almost 3 years with AT&T. I ordered the black 16GB figuring I would have no need for the 32GB. I currently don't have my music on the iPhone, but now actually go to the gym, so figured I might as well add music. My car has Sirius radio, so I almost always listen to that while driving. So with that in mind, I can just change up my music on the phone as needed.

Now I keep thinking maybe I should have purchased the 32GB, but really didn't want to spend the money. The biggest thing I am second guessing is if I should have gotten the white instead of the black. I like to use a silicone case like on my 3g, so the white might look better under the case.

Anyone else regretting which size and/or color they ordered? I guess I have had too long to think about this; I am sure once the phone comes on Friday I will be very happy with what I have!!

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, not remorse really, just wondering if I ordered the right phone. I currently have the iPhone 3g 8GB that I have had almost 3 years with AT&T. I ordered the black 16GB figuring I would have no need for the 32GB. I currently don't have my music on the iPhone, but now actually go to the gym, so figured I might as well add music. My car has Sirius radio, so I almost always listen to that while driving. So with that in mind, I can just change up my music on the phone as needed.

Now I keep thinking maybe I should have purchased the 32GB, but really didn't want to spend the money. The biggest thing I am second guessing is if I should have gotten the white instead of the black. I like to use a silicone case like on my 3g, so the white might look better under the case.

Anyone else regretting which size and/or color they ordered? I guess I have had too long to think about this; I am sure once the phone comes on Friday I will be very happy with what I have!!

The size shouldn't really matter from 16 to 32GB because, if you add about 450 songs it won't even make up 1GB. Also with iCloud and iTunes you should have even more space. As for the white or black. You should just stick with the black and get a white case.

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I went for the 64GB model because of the same concerns.

If I somehow wind up maxing that out, I'll probably need to see an occupational therapist or something lol.

MannyGeee

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
loading music is soooooo 3 years ago. Pandora, son!

and FWIW you can get a 8g Nano for close to the $100 you are saving in staying at 16g vs 32g. I prefer a 'destructable' MP3 player while at the gym for concerns that I will drop it or drop a dumb bell on it.

Reactions: zackawee27

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I prefer an iPod Nano for the gym too. But I don't want he memory for music - I want it for apps and a few movies! I got the 32GB, and would have been happy to get the 64GB! :p

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Go with your first instincts! If black was what you liked off the bat then that is probably what you will be most happy with. As far as the size, I personally think the 32 gb is probably the best option for size wise but that it just based on my needs. I have never owned an iphone but I do own a touch screen phone and I don't suggest using it for your music supply at the gym for a few reasons, mainly the sweat, drop and theft factors. I personally use my old 30gb iPod video, it has a clip case and if something did happen to it I wouldn't be devistated. I would look into getting a regular iPod for the gym even a nano or a shuffle and leaving your phone off the workout floor. I really think you will be fine with the 16gb considering you're using a 8gb now. With the additional 8gb it will be a few thousand songs and you can always uncheck and check other ones when you sync if you get tired of what's on there :)

Last edited:

pokey318

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I am sure my 16GB will be enough for my use, just second guessing my choice. I do like to leave all my pictures on my phone, so I wonder if the new camera will use more memory on the phone. I can always move pictures if necessary.

Manny, I'm a middle aged mom, so no heavy lifting at the gym; more like working out on the elliptical :eek:

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I've always gone with 16GB and made it work one way or another. I guess what happens when I run out of room is I go find every app that I haven't touched in weeks, and weed out music I'm tired of. I tend to put games/movies/books/music on the iPad, while storing some music and the rest of my stuff on the iPhone (utilities, tools, etc). I'd kill for a 64GB iPhone though.

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have 4934 items, 15.2 days, 21.74 GB in my iTunes right now. (95% music) I ordered the 32, but I was thinking maybe I should have ordered the 64 just to be on the safe side. I love my music and I am thrilled at the idea of having it ALL at my fingertips whenever I want. So i 'm thinking if I can somehow change my order the day of I'm going to do it. Of course I'm not sure exactly how the cloud and iTunes match really work so maybe I'm just trippin'

Count

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
if they didn't come with a 64gb model i would have stayed on my iphone4
i like having all my music and apps and movies in one place.
now i can.
before i split my music between an iphone and touch.

as of right now i have

4947 Songs 13.4 Days. 29.12gb :eek:
so right there alone i would not have enough space on a 32gb.

not that i would ever listen to all that straight but if i wanted too i could. :D

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've always gone with 16GB and made it work one way or another. I guess what happens when I run out of room is I go find every app that I haven't touched in weeks, and weed out music I'm tired of. I tend to put games/movies/books/music on the iPad, while storing some music and the rest of my stuff on the iPhone (utilities, tools, etc).

^^This is exactly why I went with max storage on the iPad. If I'm travelling, I have both with me anyway, so no need to spend the extra $ on the phone. iPad is my media toy, while iPhone is mainly used for communication.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
You know you have 2 weeks to exchange it...with the iPhone 4 I purchased the 16GB used it for 2 weeks and exchanged it for the 32GB...the only way you will truly know if it's going to work for you is to try it out..

If it isn't enough storage for your needs, just exchange it..

pokey318

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
You know you have 2 weeks to exchange it...with the iPhone 4 I purchased the 16GB used it for 2 weeks and exchanged it for the 32GB...the only way you will truly know if it's going to work for you is to try it out..

If it isn't enough storage for your needs, just exchange it..

I have thought of that, but worry that the phone will not be available if I decide to exchange. We will see how I feel after the phone actually arrives!

zaidc

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I dont understand why people need more than 16GB. Theirs so many apps out there can stream all your music to your phone for free.

Google Audiogalaxy app.

Awesome sound quality and has never lagged for me.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I am questioning whether I really need the 32 gb model that I preordered. I currently still have 5 gb available on my 16 gb iPhone 4. Maybe 32 would be overkill? I wouldn't mind saving $100.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have thought of that, but worry that the phone will not be available if I decide to exchange.

When they process the exchange they will KNOW whether or not they have a phone to actually exchange it for, so you work it out with your carrier or whomever you purchased it from. In other words they aren't going to make you send your phone back with nothing to exchange it with, leaving you with no phone at all.

I dont understand why people need more than 16GB. Theirs so many apps out there can stream all your music to your phone for free.

It's not about music for everyone. I only had 400 songs, 100 apps on my iPhone 4 but I did have over 1000 photos and 30 home videos on my 32GB..why because I could! I use my iPhone's as my main camera source because its always with me wherever I go!

Last edited:

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh, good point - the camera and videocamera functions were deciding factors on getting the 32Gb for me. I intend to totally replace my point-and-shoot digital camera with my new iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice