virus email to iphone: security of iphone 4s vs. blackberry

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone:

I apologize in advance if this question seems stupid but I am a newbie to this forum. I am moving from blackberry bold on verizon to my first iphone: the 4s.

A professional colleague of mine just received a virus via her contact list and I received an email scam which went to my blackberry (the usual -my colleague was alleged on vacation in spain and was robbed and she asked for 2,000 euros be wired via western union LOL).

I opened the email on my blackberry because the subject line just read "teribble situation". I know the blackberry is secure and this will not enable the hacker to gain access to information in my contact list, etc.

Is the iphone similarly protected? What happens to the iphone if one of these viruses are received and opened?

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone:

I apologize in advance if this question seems stupid but I am a newbie to this forum. I am moving from blackberry bold on verizon to my first iphone: the 4s.

A professional colleague of mine just received a virus via her contact list and I received an email scam which went to my blackberry (the usual -my colleague was alleged on vacation in spain and was robbed and she asked for 2,000 euros be wired via western union LOL).

I opened the email on my blackberry because the subject line just read "teribble situation". I know the blackberry is secure and this will not enable the hacker to gain access to information in my contact list, etc.

Is the iphone similarly protected? What happens to the iphone if one of these viruses are received and opened?

iPhone has a much better security system VS BlackBerry. If you we're to open the email I think the worst it will do is restart you're device. Also I think Apple tells you if there is a malicious software in the email.

Reactions: ChaosShadow

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro