No bank activity yet from my pre-order

ostrich

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon myself and they said no phones will be shipped until the 14th. As in, not leaving their warehouse until the 14. Anyone else feel as though they were wronged by this? They did originally say pre-orders would be shipped to be DELIVERED on the 14th, right? (Provided you ordered early enough, of course)

Clearly, if they were not going to ship them until the 14, no one would be receiving them ON the 14, and therefore, they should have stated this. Not sent out emails saying "Will be shipped to ARRIVE on 10/14/2011."

Most of the Verizon reps, in my experience, have no clue what they're talking about. If it said you're getting yours on the 14th (assuming you ordered it early enough), it will arrive on the 14th. Ignore what the rep told you.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine through Sprint and the day I pre-ordered they charged my CC. Still no tracking number.

Sprint puts the charge through, immediately, as soon as everything is verified with your order. They then apply it as a credit to your account, so your bill looks fantastic for a few days. Once the phone ships, the cost of the phone, taxes and fees are billed to your account and it balances back out.

Mistress of Mischief

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like because credit cards haven't been charged, tracking numbers aren't out yet. Everybody knows how long a ups or fed ex ground delivery takes. From 1 side of the country to the other side of the country is 4-5 days delivery time once it leaves the warehouse. Its safe to say alot of phones will not be received on the 14th. Unless all Iphone4S's are being shipped next day or 2 day air that seems to be the only way. I see alot of pissed off people in 3 days.

Josh

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Your card will not be charged until it ships.

Well Verizon charged my card today, still no tracking so I guess that isn't completely true. My guess is I will see tracking info tomorrow . . . but they still shouldn't be taking the funds unless it ships.

One additional note, this is what my order info says.

Here is the status of your order.

Order Number: XXXX
Tracking Number:

Courier :
Ship Date:

Since they say deliver by 10/14/11 I expect to see tracking either tomorrow or worse case Verizon will hold orders to ship out overnight delivery and go out on Friday. Honestly don't get the big deal just let them fly.

Last edited:

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like because credit cards haven't been charged, tracking numbers aren't out yet. Everybody knows how long a ups or fed ex ground delivery takes. From 1 side of the country to the other side of the country is 4-5 days delivery time once it leaves the warehouse. Its safe to say alot of phones will not be received on the 14th. Unless all Iphone4S's are being shipped next day or 2 day air that seems to be the only way. I see alot of pissed off people in 3 days.

Josh

Sprint's using 2 day air.

Mistress of Mischief

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Sprint's using 2 day air.

Mistress of Mischief

Are you sure about that. If so the other carriers should be also. But doesn't really make senses that some peoples order receipts have shipping as late as the 21st. I don't understand the mix up and why pre-ordered phones are being delivered late.

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I am pretty sure Apple charged account already. If not I need to make some $ real quick-like! Anybody need to buy an iPhone 4, or a kidney?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro