Sprint iPhone 4S thread

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Educational discount not supported on the iPhone 4S by Sprint. Gotta love this institution. They denied my employee Discount on Sprint because I'm on the Simply Everything plan. I think that applies here because the iPhone utilizes the Simply Everything plan on Sprint. Not sure if other employers deny the employee discount on Sprint for that reason but mine does. Cheapsters. LOL!!!

It's not the employer that deny's the discount. It's Sprint. They believe that the Simply Everything plan is already so much of a value that they don't discount it. It doesn't matter which employer you are with. It should work if you go to the Everything Data plans with 500 or 900 (can't remember the exact numbers) minutes.

Also, educational discounts have never applied to the iPhone. They only apply to computer purchases at the Apple Store. That's Apple policy, not school policy.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
It's not the employer that deny's the discount. It's Sprint. They believe that the Simply Everything plan is already so much of a value that they don't discount it. It doesn't matter which employer you are with. It should work if you go to the Everything Data plans with 500 or 900 (can't remember the exact numbers) minutes.

Also, educational discounts have never applied to the iPhone. They only apply to computer purchases at the Apple Store. That's Apple policy, not school policy.

Yea, but when I signed up last December with Sprint, they told me immediately that according to THEIR policy with my employer, I qualified. Then I got a notification that my employer denied the discount. Not Sprint. I was told that by at least 3 Sprint reps. It's the school. They wouldn't have denied it if I was on a different plan. Either way is fine and not a prob. Just found it to be interesting.

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Phone has shipped and will be at my house end of day tomorrow! Now to train my cat to accept deliveries so I don't miss the UPS guy.

:cool:

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity,

Are any of you existing Sprint customers who don't have a phone upgrade/discount available and still were able to pre order the iPhone 4S from either Sprint or the Apple store at the subsidized price? My upgrade/discount isn't until December and on the Sprint website, it shows the iPhones at full price. I'd think they'd want to keep existing customers, given that their stock is trading at $2.64 a share. When my gift certificate arrives, I'd like to just get the phone and not be forced to wait until December 1st, and obviously, I'll be getting it at the Apple store and not a Sprint store.

Crystalftw

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity,

Are any of you existing Sprint customers who don't have a phone upgrade/discount available and still were able to pre order the iPhone 4S from either Sprint or the Apple store at the subsidized price? My upgrade/discount isn't until December and on the Sprint website, it shows the iPhones at full price. I'd think they'd want to keep existing customers, given that their stock is trading at $2.64 a share. When my gift certificate arrives, I'd like to just get the phone and not be forced to wait until December 1st, and obviously, I'll be getting it at the Apple store and not a Sprint store.

Nope, my husband isn't due for an upgrade until April next year and they are sticking to it. It he wants to get the iphone he will have to pay full price.
And yay for you!!! Have fun shopping! =)

IndoX

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity,

Keep in mind that if you started your contract with them prior to 2011 you do get a discounted price on your ETF. I think it's $200 for the ETF with a reduction of $10 a month, capping at $50 (something like that). I'm not up for renewal/upgrade til March 2012, I called to ask what my ETF would be and it was just $70.

I cancelled, then added a new line for the iPhone and I paid the subsidized price. Granted it's not the same number, but it's a cheaper option if you're impatient like myself. This only applies to contracts in 2010 though.

powerbyte#AC

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity,

I have 6 lines on my account (5 + 1 AirRave). I ran into the same problem...3 of my lines are due up for discount, but my wife's EVO and my EVO 3D lines are not. I specifically stated to the rep on the chat line that I wanted to purchase 2 iPhones under the 2 upgrade eligible lines, and then activate them on my main two numbers. He GUARANTEED me this wouldn't be an issue. If it doesn't work out that way, I'm planning on changing my phone numbers anyway, so there is no skin off my nose. We shall see what happens tomorrow!

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have 6 lines on my account (5 + 1 AirRave). I ran into the same problem...3 of my lines are due up for discount, but my wife's EVO and my EVO 3D lines are not. I specifically stated to the rep on the chat line that I wanted to purchase 2 iPhones under the 2 upgrade eligible lines, and then activate them on my main two numbers. He GUARANTEED me this wouldn't be an issue. If it doesn't work out that way, I'm planning on changing my phone numbers anyway, so there is no skin off my nose. We shall see what happens tomorrow!

I've had friends who have done this, so it shouldn't be a problem (not with the iPhone, but with other phones.). I would just recommend doing the upgrade at a Sprint corporate store instead of an Apple store or online anywhere.

rlee2001

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes!!!!! Shipment notification has FINALLY been updated on UPS's site. I'll have my 4S by the end of the day tomorrow!

How do you find the delivery time? When I go to the UPS site and track the number, it is very generic. Acknowledge the shipment, etc. But, I see no indication of when it is to be delivered at all.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that if you started your contract with them prior to 2011 you do get a discounted price on your ETF. I think it's $200 for the ETF with a reduction of $10 a month, capping at $50 (something like that). I'm not up for renewal/upgrade til March 2012, I called to ask what my ETF would be and it was just $70.

I cancelled, then added a new line for the iPhone and I paid the subsidized price. Granted it's not the same number, but it's a cheaper option if you're impatient like myself. This only applies to contracts in 2010 though.

I signed up in December 2010. The moment that Gift Certificate is in my hands, I will be impatient. It will be interesting to see how it can be worked out. At $649 full price for the 1GB, I'd get $500 off and only have to pay $149, if it came to that. Either way, I just won't be able to wait until December with a $500 Gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket. $149 plus tax beats $649 any day of the week in my opinion.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had friends who have done this, so it shouldn't be a problem (not with the iPhone, but with other phones.). I would just recommend doing the upgrade at a Sprint corporate store instead of an Apple store or online anywhere.

Doing it anywhere but the Apple store won't be an option for me. My Gift Certificate is to the Apple store. I'd rather pay $149 plus tax with the $500 Gift Certificate for the 16GB ASAP rather than attempt to live with the life sucking abyss that Gingerbread on the EVO, is for me right now. I can't stand this thing and since I have an immediate way out, next Friday is payday and I'd prefer to just go ahead and do it then (assuming my gift Certificate Arrives to me by the, Rene???) :D

Last edited:

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Doing it anywhere but the Apple store won't be an option for me. My Gift Certificate is to the Apple store. I'd rather pay $149 plus tax with the $500 Gift Certificate for the 16GB ASAP rather than attempt to live with the life sucking abyss that Gingerbread on the EVO, is for me right now. I can't stand this thing and since I have an immediate way out, next Friday is payday and I'd prefer to just go ahead and do it then (assuming my gift Certificate Arrives to me by the, Rene???) :D

Can we have a mass Evo funeral, after you get yours?

Mistress of Mischief

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen