Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Default What are you working with?

Hi folks,

I'm beyond excited about this new phone, mainly because what I'm working with right now is so painfully bad. So I wanted to know, what are you working with?

I'll go first: I have an iPhone 3G and the power/sleep button doesn't work, and most of the time the home button doesn't work unless I plug the power cord in. So I go around with a power cord in my purse and if I want to push the home button I plug it in first. Mind you, this does not actually require a power source, so I can do it anywhere (ie on the bus), which looks really weird. Plus it's hella slow and the background is all black (no wallpaper for me, sadly). How about you?
    Last edited by pb&J; 10-11-2011 at 02:20 AM. Reason: typo
    iPhone Nanite

3GS currently, the back of the phone is cracked at the bottom a good 1/2inch or so , but currently works fine since I put it in an Otterbox Defender right after I noticed it cracking. Just couldn't pass up ordering the 4s cause it is so much of an upgrade compared to the 3gs.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

HTC EVO 4G. I'd love to mount a grenade on the thing and pull the pin. Before Gingerbread, it was fine with Froyo. After Gingerbread, it is a buggy, laggy, ridiculous POS. I am bailing and never going back. I am beyond excited about the iPhone coming to Sprint. The timing could not be more perfect. My upgrade is on December 1st. Until I played with an iPhone at a Verizon store, I didn't understand. Now I do. Google just doesn't get it and nothing about ICS that I have seen shows that they've learned anything about the importance of user experience. Microsoft is going to sneak up on them and eat their lunch, but they won't get me. I'm already gone. So yea, it's over for me and this EVO in a month and a few days.
    If you listen to metal, come and check out my tunes:
    http://darkblu.com
    Guitar Nerd, Shred Beast, Illustrator, Mac Tech lover
    MA356LL/A - MacPro1,1, w/ 2X2.66GHz Dual Core Xeons (4 Cores, total). 250GB HDD/160GB HDD. 2GB RAM. Mac OSX 10.7.5 Lion.
    iPhone 5C Green, Macbook Pro Early 2008, 2.4Ghz, 4GB, Geforce 8600GTS 256mb, 250GB HDD, Mac OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 , iPad2 16GB Black, iOS 7.0.3
    fridayxiii likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    628 Global Posts

I currently have a HTC Evo 3D, I'm beyond excited to jump ship and finally get the iPhone.
    It's better to be pissed off than pissed on

iPhone 5s 16 gb gold . iPad air 64 gb LTE white/silver . iPad mini 16gb LTE black/slate . MacBook Pro 13" . ATV 3rd gen . iPod classic . iPod nano
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Wow, DARK_BLU, I've never had an android phone but it sounds like it can be a crappy experience unless you're a computer programmer or something similar. I'm actually curious now, maybe I'll try borrowing a friend's phone just to see what it's like.
    iMore Intermediate

I have a dumb phone. A really, really dumb phone. A Verizon Samsung something-or-other. Which hasn't worked properly since I got it. It randomly stops making calls. It rings on the other end, but the call just doesn't connect. For no reason. Sometimes turning the phone off and then back on makes it work again. Sometimes. Am I ready for my new iPhone 4S? OH, YEAH!!
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I tried the android side for a short time with the Xoom, wasn't impressed and I sold it. I have a friend that has had a milestone, and it has been replaced several times because it is slow and laggy. I have used a few android phones to see how they are and to me they are not a smooth and zippy as an iPhone. Also it kills me that some phones get the new updates of the OS and some don't. That is what I hated about Blackberry. You just cross your fingers and hope you get the new software update.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    3,806 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Well I currently have an i4, and am so ready for Friday to get here and take posession of my i4S. I've done a complete back up and synced my contacts with Outlook. Plus I've saved all of them to my SIM card so all I have to do is put my SIM in my new one, sync to my laptop and I'm good to go. I also already have my i4 sold.
    Last edited by pilsbury; 10-11-2011 at 06:49 AM.
    iPhone 5
    iPad Mini
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Evo 3D here but been waiting for the IPhone to come to sprint for years can't wait to have it in my hands
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS5

iPhone 3GS that has been my faithful companion for nearly two years, but which has recently started shutting off mysteriously, and refusing to turn back on until connected to a charging device. VERY annoying. I'd be up a creek if I hadn't been able to upgrade. Probably have to try a $99 battery replacement.

I'm so happy that all my "stuff" is going to be able to transfer to the new phone. All my beloved apps. Hopefully they are compatible with the new OS.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    iOS Version

OK, well, I have been with the original blackberry storm since shortly after it came out. My two boys have had iphone 3gs's and my wife and father have had blackberry's. I'm on verizon, so I waited for the iphone to change. When the 4 came to Verizon, I thought I could wait it out until the 5. Along comes the 4s. I'm not disappointed because I like the phone size etc. I figured the only thing that would be different if it were the 5 would be a different shell and a slightly larger screen size. I'm happy with the size, and being out of contract for 2 years on my phone, well, I'm ready for something new.

Looking forward to it.
    iPhone Beginner

Right now I am using the new Blackberry Torch 9810. It was upgraded on my wife's line and will be given back to her once i buy my 4S friday at the local AT&T. She wanted me to get familiar with it and set things up anyways. It is a nice phone, but can't compare to the simplicity of the iPhone.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

A bb bold 9700 that is driving me crazy. Ever since I updated to bb 6 (operating system) my phone is pure crap! its slow and whenever I open a website it crashes and bounces me out of the internert browser. At time it randomly shuts off and I have come to HATE this phone. My bf, and sister also have the same phone as I do and their phones are just as crappy if not worst. I can't wait for the 4s so I can toss my phone in the garbage.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

I have an htc thunderbolt. Without an extended battery good luck it lasting more than like 5 hours doing just about nothing. I will be glad to get rid of this brick and all the issues that it has. Not to mention the lies of updates that never panned out because htc cannot figure out how to push out an update that doesnt cause more issues than it fixes.
    Last edited by redraider133; 10-11-2011 at 11:14 AM.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

I have a Iphone 3Gs, nothing wrong just time to upgrade!!

KC
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS5

I'm working with an iPhone 4 and this will be the first time I didn't skip a generation. So glad that my wife decided to jump on the IPhone train so I can get her upgrades!
    21.5" iMac (Intel)  32GB iPhone 5  16GB iPad (1st gen)  Time Capsule  Apple TV 2  iPod Nano (3rd Gen)
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

iPhone 4... So excited about the performance increase and about getting a white iPhone finally.
     iPhone 4 32GB
     MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
     iPad 2 16GB
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

I'm using a Nexus S 4G right now. And while it's a nice phone, Android in general just isn't as refined as I would like. Way too many bugs/lag/lots of apps wont work with certain devices for one reason or another. I'm happy to be moving to a platform where I know that any app I download will work and actually has a pleasing UX/UI
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have a Blackberry Curve 8530...one of the biggest reasons that I am switching is because I dislike Sprint's service and customer service.

In terms of the phone, I will likely always have a soft spot for Blackberry e-mail, it just works..same with calendar services. I will say that as someone just entering the workforce, e-mail on the iPhone 4S is probably the number one thing I am concerned about and interested to test.

Physically, my Blackberry is in decent shape, I have a large amount of dust in the upper right hand corner of my device screen. You can really only see it when the screen is off or in bright sunlight. If you have ever held the Curve 8530 you know that the keyboard is terrible, but as a young basketball coach 2 years ago it was all I could afford. I look forward to having a new phone that feels substantial...as my one now feels too light, as if it may break easily.
    iPhone 5 - 16 GB - Verizon
    iPad Mini - 32GB
    iMac - 24" - 4GB/640GB
    MacBook 13" 2GB/300GB
    iPod Touch 4G - 8GB
    iPod 3G - 30GB
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    iOS Version

HTC Evo 4G. Despite what others have said, software updates have greatly improved my overall experience with the phone and I've been quite pleased with its performance, however the only gripes I have is the battery life and terrible wifi reception.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,712 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

BlackBerry Storm 2... which at first i loved... but after 2 years now... UUUUUUNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHH!!! I cant stand it anymore!
    iPhone Newbie

I have a Motorola Droid (the original.)

I really liked it at first, but it has always had a less than pleasing UX compared to my friend's iPhone. My phone is SLOW and I have to power cycle it at least twice a week to keep it running at a decent pace. The Android Market worked fine for me until I got my iPad 2. Now I can compare the Apple experience to the Android experience, and Apple wins hands down - the AppStore is SO much better than Android Market.

I am eagerly awaiting my iPhone 4S on Friday.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

After breaking my Storm2 I am using my wife's BB Tour (She upgraded to iP4 in back in May). I am looking forward to doing more with my phone than reading email and listening to iheartradio.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

A motorola droid 2 global. it get too hot after minimal usage from phone calls to using data, freeze's up a lot, and battery life is only good if you don't use it.
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kevin2006 View Post
    A motorola droid 2 global. it get too hot after minimal usage from phone calls to using data, freeze's up a lot, and battery life is only good if you don't use it.
    That reminds me of another thing I dislike about my Droid: when I use the GPS for navigation, it heats up REALLY bad. Almost enough that I can't carry it in my hands until it has been off for several minutes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast