HELP! Transferring apps, contacts etc from old phone to iPhone 4s

spuntz82

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Right now I have an Evo 3d (Sprint), and I have apps, music, and contacts that I would like to be able to have on my new iPhone 4s. Is this a easy thing to do?

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Right now I have an Evo 3d (Sprint), and I have apps, music, and contacts that I would like to be able to have on my new iPhone 4s. Is this a easy thing to do?

You can get you're contacts from signing into you're Gmail account as for the music, you can save it on you're computer as an MP3 file and then drag it to you're iTunes account when you get you're iPhone.

spuntz82

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
You can get you're contacts from signing into you're Gmail account as for the music, you can save it on you're computer as an MP3 file and then drag it to you're iTunes account when you get you're iPhone.

Ok, what about about all my apps that I've bought through android market? Like my tapatalk app. It's sold in the android and Apple app store.Will I be able to re-download all my apps from my Evo 3d to my iPhone 4s?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No go amigo...android apps do not transfer over because they are purchased in entirely different ways. You will have to re-purchase apps through iTunes.

spuntz82

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
No go amigo...android apps do not transfer over because they are purchased in entirely different ways. You will have to re-purchase apps through iTunes.

But are you 100% sure? Another reason I ask is because when i buy off the market I don't use a cc. I bill my Sprint account. So if I get the same app in the app store, could it say " App already purchased, available for re-download"

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You've never purchased it in iTunes, therefore it won't say "app already purchased"...everything on your iPhone is connected to iTunes.

The same is true from iPhone to Android.

You could possible contact a developer to see if they will help you out...but that is an extreme shot in the dark and probably pretty unlikely.

Reactions: spuntz82

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
But are you 100% sure? Another reason I ask is because when i buy off the market I don't use a cc. I bill my Sprint account. So if I get the same app in the app store, could it say " App already purchased, available for re-download"

Yeah, you can't transfer those apps, however if you we're to manage somehow to save the app on you're computer into a game file of some sort and drag it to you're iTunes App page that might work. :D Otherwise no. Android Market and Apple's App Store don't transfer over.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Android apps do not use the same programming that iOS does, so they will not work on iOS.

Besides, with the retina display, they'll all look better, anyway. I enjoyed buying Plants Vs. Zombies, again, for my iPad, the larger screen is fantastic, even though it's not retina.

You'll also no longer have the option to bill them to your Sprint account, since they have to be purchased through the iOS app store.

Mistress of Mischief

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Android apps do not use the same programming that iOS does, so they will not work on iOS.

Besides, with the retina display, they'll all look better, anyway. I enjoyed buying Plants Vs. Zombies, again, for my iPad, the larger screen is fantastic, even though it's not retina.

You'll also no longer have the option to bill them to your Sprint account, since they have to be purchased through the iOS app store.

Mistress of Mischief

Exactly. Even if it's the same name, same developer, same everything, it's still not the same app.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Let's wrap this up neatly and tie it in a bow.

1. Android apps run on the Android operating system.
2. iPhone/iPad/iPod apps run on iOS.
3. Apps for iOS must be purchased through iTunes - there is no other sales outlet.
4. Although you can purchase Android apps through several different venues, and even sideload apps, they will only run on the Android operating system, not iOS.
5. Even when developers code their apps to work on multiple platforms, you will still have to purchase a license for each platform. This is especially true when you're dealing with iTunes.

spuntz82

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

Mistress of Mischief

I talked with a friend who works at Sprint, and he said that what he was told in his training meeting is that you will still be able to bill your sprint account purchasing apps from the app store. I'm hoping his right but I have been told lies before.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Not gonna happen, you gotta start all over again, but you'll see how much better it is on this side...
Bienvenido y Suerte. =)

elavum

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I talked with a friend who works at Sprint, and he said that what he was told in his training meeting is that you will still be able to bill your sprint account purchasing apps from the app store. I'm hoping his right but I have been told lies before.

It will a news if apple allowed that. They don't allow the in app purchases itself. hence if I were to guess all your app purchases have to be through itunes.
I am hopping that my apps in ipod touch can be transfered to my iphone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73