Transferring from iPhone 4 to iPhone 4S

Justin55372011

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
So I just sold my ATT iphone 4 and am switching over to sprint for the unlimited data plus better coverage in my area for the 4S. Will i get to keep all the apps i had before or no since they were downloaded on an ATT iphone? Again, i know this may be a stupid question but i have no idea.

Thanks!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They are downloaded via iTunes...and thus are transferable to any iPhone, regardless of carrier (unless the app was a carrier specific app, but you'd probably still be able to transfer it, it just wouldn't work properly anymore).

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Backup an then when you have your new phone just restore it from backup and voila, it's your old phone again with the new carrier :)

Justin55372011

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
One last question, Thanks for the responses guys very helpful. I backed up all my contacts to google, how would i get them from google to my iphone?

!BigTex71

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
One last question, Thanks for the responses guys very helpful. I backed up all my contacts to google, how would i get them from google to my iphone?

When you get your iPhone turned on, just set up a new email account using the phone settings and use your Gmail account information. It will automatically import all your contacts, calendar info, and email.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, thats why i left ATT with no problem and got into sprint to make sure im grandfathered in before they switch anything if they do

my sprint insider said theyre capping cards and hotspots, doubling the activation fees and killing the trial periods to offset the cost of plant maintenance to keep unlimited. his exact words are unlimited is going nowhere for phones.

Justin55372011

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Transferring the phone today was amazing. I had sold my iphone 4 ATT from a week ago, and now have the sprint 4s and it feels like i never left the att one, everything is the same on my new sprint one everything is here all my old texts and recent calls and contacts..I LOVE APPLE!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2