Apple done it again!!!

ilwhana

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Apple says iPhone 4S broke preorder record

More than 1 million consumers in seven countries ordered Apple Inc's latest phone, the iPhone 4S, in the first day, beating the company's previous record despite complaints from fans when the product was unveiled.

*one-day record of 600,000 sales for last year's iPhone 4

Congrat. Apple!!!
Forever Steve Jobs!!!

:D

!BigTex71

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I suspected they would easily break that record, considering when the iPhone 4 was released there was only 1 carrier (AT&T.) Now there are 3 carriers for the 4S launch. So it looks like it is not as many units sold per carrier as the iPhone 4. But I didn't expect it to surpass the iPhone 4, considering this isn't a new model number upgrade.

I agree that the iPhone 5 should break the 4S numbers.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
yeah i can see close to 1.5 million when the 5 drops if it gets released on tmobile and possibly some of the prepaid services as well.
as much as i hate to say it i think it will be like the razor was, you just wont be able to see someone without one soon, lol

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
yeah i can see close to 1.5 million when the 5 drops if it gets released on tmobile and possibly some of the prepaid services as well.
as much as i hate to say it i think it will be like the razor was, you just wont be able to see someone without one soon, lol

I dont think the iPhone will come to tmobile. AT&T bought tmobile.

Just think if they come out with a "iPhone nano" as well as a regular iPhone. Then I can see them really boosting their numbers.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I think I need to get out of the pool industry and start making phones! I'm happy with a $1500 day in sales, cant imagine how crazy it would be to see the profits from the 4S in 24 hours even.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont think the iPhone will come to tmobile. AT&T bought tmobile.

Just think if they come out with a "iPhone nano" as well as a regular iPhone. Then I can see them really boosting their numbers.

well that deal hasn't gone through just yet. i did mean if the deal doesnt go through but with sprint and vz along with the doj jumping in it is going to be hard for them to sweeten the pot enough to make it happen. i know tmobile people cant wait though, lol

!BigTex71

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I need to get out of the pool industry and start making phones! I'm happy with a $1500 day in sales, cant imagine how crazy it would be to see the profits from the 4S in 24 hours even.

But they only release a new iPhone once a year (or so.) I think you would be better off not quitting your day job. :D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Stuff like this makes it even funnier when the naysayers come on here and talk about how an Apple product is going to "fail"...as was the general consensus amongst them when they announced this new iPhone (and the iPad, and the Macbook Air, etc etc etc).

Betting against a new Apple product release like this is guaranteed to be a losing bet, but people still do it year in and year out, and they eat crow every time.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Stuff like this makes it even funnier when the naysayers come on here and talk about how an Apple product is going to "fail"...as was the general consensus amongst them when they announced this new iPhone (and the iPad, and the Macbook Air, etc etc etc).

Betting against a new Apple product release like this is guaranteed to be a losing bet, but people still do it year in and year out, and they eat crow every time.

agreed. it was kind of the forum members fault on all boards thinking there was going to be an i5. apple never mentioned it and it was all rumors created by people who dont work for apple, lol.

seems like this is following in the 3's history. when the 5 comes out im sure people will think an i6 will drop and we will see a 5s.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I suspected they would easily break that record, considering when the iPhone 4 was released there was only 1 carrier (AT&T.) Now there are 3 carriers for the 4S launch. So it looks like it is not as many units sold per carrier as the iPhone 4. But I didn't expect it to surpass the iPhone 4, considering this isn't a new model number upgrade.

I agree that the iPhone 5 should break the 4S numbers.

This is worlwide... The difference of adding Sprint is not responsible for 400,000 more preorders... That's silly. lol

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
This is worlwide... The difference of adding Sprint is not responsible for 400,000 more preorders... That's silly. lol

iP4 was not available on VZW at the time of initial launch, though you can combine their launch numbers it doesn't really count that length of time later. So before it was AT&T and their company in other countries and now it is AT&T, VZW and Sprint and any of their companies in other countries.... they are responsible for 400,000+ orders on pre-order launch day :)

kfreemanii

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thats what you can expect from one of the worlds best tech company's. They give you what you could use with there twist on it. Siri is one of there best selling points of this devices which is why im going to get it.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I can only imagine when the actual 5 comes out in a year. I'm sure that'll break the record again.

Apple would NOT release it under iPhone 5 name!
Its the 6th gen iPhone so it would be either iPhone 6 or something along that line, but never iPhone 5.
5 has always been a bad luck number for many products so they skipped it on purpose ;)

Eli4S

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I really don't get why people say the 4S is such a disappointing device, if you were smart enough to see the trends in products you would see that a design change wasn't necessarily going to happen. Besides I think the 4S upgrade to the 4 is quite better than the 3G to the 3GS...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh