Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

222 Posts

Default Is there a way to do profiles on an iPhone?

I'm beyond thrilled to finally be making the jump from dumb phone to the iPhone 4S. I'm hoping there will be a way to do the following, but I'm not sure... Like many people, we no longer have a home phone; we just rely on our cell phones. My cell phone is also my business phone for my home-based business. I'd like to turn my phone off when I go to bed, or when my younger son actually cooperates and let me take an occasional nap. But I also have an older son in school, and elderly parents, so I don't like to be unreachable for emergency calls. So... Is there a way to turn off calls, except from certain people? Am I asking the impossible?
    iMore Genius

5,041 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,046 Global Posts

I don't think there's a really easy way to do this without jailbreaking, but this thread had a couple of ideas. I think this one is probably the easiest way so far:

"you could set the default ring tone to silence and then assign a ringtone to the special people you want to hear call. the other calls will get voice mail. in the AM you can set your default ringtone to something audible. If you don't have a silent ring tone, there are directions on google search on how to set one up."

12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

There's no way to do this on iPhone without a jailbreak...but with a jailbreak, you can use "MyProfiles" app in Cydia.