Nothing to do now but wait and study

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been so close to cancelling my order for the iPhone 4s, but I have browsed around the net searching for specifics about what I am getting and, slowly, my fears are melting, being replaced by awe and excitement.

Between the iCloud, IOS5 features, and the equipment itself, I feel this might be one great phone. I was worried about typing on the small screen. I mainly use a smartphone to surf and text, so typing in landscape is a must with these big hands. Everywhere I look, I see you can not type texts in landscape mode which is a deal breaker for me, but, my daughter has an IP4 and guarantees me that I will be able to type texts in landscape.

The reader in the new browser seems awesome. You can clear out all the adds etc. and be presented with the text or article you want to read.

I was worried about the messaging app, because it seems to only work between i devices, but then I read on Apple site this: "And you can text and send photos and videos via MMS to other mobile phones over 3G." So I assume that means any phone.

Then this quote: "Even ask Siri to text for you. Just say ?Tell Peter I?m on my way? and Siri writes your message and fires it off." That has got to be cool! If this feature works really well, I will not have to worry about typing in any mode.

The camera and video seem awesome, All the built in things you can do with it. And won't it be so cool to take a pic and have it show up on my PC. Not sure how that is going to work, but I will experiment with that as soon as I get the phone.

If you have a wireless printer you will be able to print anything right from the phone.

This is making me want to go buy an HDTV and an Apple TV box so I can use Air Time to watch things on the big screen. Of course, I could just get an HDMI cable and wait for the Apple TV.

Right now I am confused where my contacts come from. I have an iPod now and most of my contacts are on there, so I guess they will just show up on the new phone, but there are some on my D2 that are not on the iPod. My contacts on the D2 are synced to my Gmail contacts.

Oh well, I will keep reading and getting ready.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Brinda, don't cancel it!

What I did as far as my contacts go, I exported my Google contacts and imported them to my address book on my Mac. I'm sure you can do the same in iTunes.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been so close to cancelling my order for the iPhone 4s, but I have browsed around the net searching for specifics about what I am getting and, slowly, my fears are melting, being replaced by awe and excitement.

Between the iCloud, IOS5 features, and the equipment itself, I feel this might be one great phone. I was worried about typing on the small screen. I mainly use a smartphone to surf and text, so typing in landscape is a must with these big hands. Everywhere I look, I see you can not type texts in landscape mode which is a deal breaker for me, but, my daughter has an IP4 and guarantees me that I will be able to type texts in landscape.

The reader in the new browser seems awesome. You can clear out all the adds etc. and be presented with the text or article you want to read.

I was worried about the messaging app, because it seems to only work between i devices, but then I read on Apple site this: "And you can text and send photos and videos via MMS to other mobile phones over 3G." So I assume that means any phone.

Then this quote: "Even ask Siri to text for you. Just say ?Tell Peter I?m on my way? and Siri writes your message and fires it off." That has got to be cool! If this feature works really well, I will not have to worry about typing in any mode.

The camera and video seem awesome, All the built in things you can do with it. And won't it be so cool to take a pic and have it show up on my PC. Not sure how that is going to work, but I will experiment with that as soon as I get the phone.

If you have a wireless printer you will be able to print anything right from the phone.

This is making me want to go buy an HDTV and an Apple TV box so I can use Air Time to watch things on the big screen. Of course, I could just get an HDMI cable and wait for the Apple TV.

Right now I am confused where my contacts come from. I have an iPod now and most of my contacts are on there, so I guess they will just show up on the new phone, but there are some on my D2 that are not on the iPod. My contacts on the D2 are synced to my Gmail contacts.

Oh well, I will keep reading and getting ready.

You should keep you're iPhone! You can get all you're contacts back via you're Gmail account. You're iPhone will have all the same contacts as you're iPod Touch.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

iMessage will send the message via the appropriate system. If you send a message to someone who also has an iOS device, it will go through iMessage. If you send something to a device on another platform, it will go via the standard method.

If you are on the road a lot or take your phone running or biking, you may want to look into headsets, both wired and Bluetooth 4.0 capable. A case might also be something to get ahead of time. Go to Best Buy or Target and just browse through the huge selection.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2